What's new

USB Drive format Skynet, Diversion, FreshJR QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abracadabra11

Regular Contributor
Recently upgraded my RTAC68U to Merlin 384.18 and installed Skynet and then FreshJR Adaptive QoS on a FAT USB drive (originally tried NTFS but Skynet would not install). Diversion appears to need the ext format. How do I go about formatting the drive and installing Diversion? Can I just format via amtm, reinitialize the swap file, and install Diversion? Or do I need to uninstall the two scripts, format the drive, and then install all of the scripts from scratch?

Thanks for the help.

Recently upgraded my RTAC68U to Merlin 384.18 and installed Skynet and then FreshJR Adaptive QoS on a FAT USB drive (originally tried NTFS but Skynet would not install). Diversion appears to need the ext format. How do I go about formatting the drive and installing Diversion? Can I just format via amtm, reinitialize the swap file, and install Diversion? Or do I need to uninstall the two scripts, format the drive, and then install all of the scripts from scratch?

Thanks for the help.
Save yourself some time later and start from scratch. You will find yourself falling down a rabbit hole trying to track stuff down afterwards.

Format the USB drive on a PC with NTFS format.

Check the box to 'Format the JFFS partition on next reboot' and then make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. Now, reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes or so, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.

Insert the USB drive you formatted above.

Follow the amtm Step-by-Step guide (found in the link in my signature below) to properly format and set up the USB drive with Ext4 w/journalling, Entware, and a swap file. Ignore the steps where it says to install amtm (amtm is included since RMerlin 384.15_0 release final).

Check the box to 'Format the JFFS partition on next reboot' and then make sure you hit 'Apply' at the bottom of the page. Now, reboot the router 3 times in the next 15 minutes or so, waiting 5 to 10 minutes between reboots.

Follow the amtm Step-by-Step guide (found in the link in my signature below) to properly format and set up the USB drive with Ext4 w/journalling, Entware, and a swap file. Ignore the steps where it says to install amtm (amtm is included since RMerlin 384.15_0 release final).

This right here saves lives. When I first came to the forum with my brand nem AC86U(manufactured 2019), following M&M config steps with Merlin firmware transformed my router on a beast, using a old flashdrive and a lot of scripts.

Still new to Merlin and amtm. Based on the above, I'm assuming scripts are on the JFFS partition and hence no need to uninstall first. Is that right?

@abracadabra11 they are on both the JFFS and the USB drive that Entware and the swap file live on.

No need to uninstall, but I should add the step to 'Safely remove the USB drive' using the GUI first. A little 'cleaner'. :)

Assuming we're starting with the USB drive attached to the router still.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!