What's new

USB drive - size limit?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roscolo

Regular Contributor
Got my rt-ac66u a week ago. Has been working great for me. Running .354 fw as of now.

Seems I read this somewhere but now I can't find it again about the size of attached storage. Testing with a 16gb USB flash drive, Download Master, AiDisk and had some problems with drive formatted as FAT32 4096 allocation unit size (worked for a while, then all files got corrupted somehow), but reformatted drive to NTFS and 512 allocation unit size and seems to work fine now.

Is there a size limit on HD that can be attached to USB? Would like to throw at least a 2 TB HD on there.

Tx

I was using a seagate 3GB expansion drive and it worked great.
Since flashing some firmwares though, it doesn't seem to work any more

Thanks. Yeah, guess I'll just have to throw a big drive on there and try it out. Definitely want to do some testing. Testing with this 16gb flash drive, it worked great. I flashed from .266 to .354. Can't remember if I took the USB drive off before flashing or not, but had problems after a couple of days: none of the movies would stream, files weren't showing up in Download Master. Worse, when I removed the drive (properly I might add) the files were corrupt and wouldn't play on my PC. Would hate to lose 1,2,or 3TB of files that way!

Since reformatting to NTFS 512kb allocation unit size this little drive is working great streaming, downloading files to PC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!