What's new

Solved USB mount shows for Mac/Linux but not Windows 10 (RT-AC68U_386.12_4)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moonlighter

New Around Here
SOLVED for me but leaving here in case others search for this - the fix for me was following the steps here -

- https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-10-error-code-0x80070035-the-network-path-was-not-found/#Fix_5_–_Using_Credential_Manager

For one windows machine, all i had to do was add a windows credential for blackbox with mangler and password and was able to see the share-no reboot necessary.

For the other one, I added the credential but got an error when clicking on BLACKBOX in explorer ("network was not found"). When I used \\blackbox.local (the standard TLD blackbox assigns to DHCP clients), I was able to view and browse.

Also some good advice here - https://woshub.com/error-code-0x80070035-network-path-not-found-windows-10/

-------
(original post)

Another one, I've read the threads and can't find anything that seems to work.

Here's my setup - blackbox is the router, homemade is the workgroup. kilroy is the router admin user and mangler is what I want the workstations to connect using.

blackbox-setup.png

I'm able to see and connect to these shares using mangler from RPi, Ubuntu, MacOS. I enabled the FTP share and can connect to that using the Win10 machines with the mangler user.

In Windows 10 Professional on 2 different hosts I can see BLACKBOX under Network but when I click to connect I get the popup box.

blackbox-error.png

I've tried the following with reboot-reboot-reboot every time (both router and workstation)

1. Enable FTP share - I can connect from the Win10 machines using FTP w/explicit encryption,
2. Enabled "allow unsecured guest login" change
3. Set "Maintain Network List" to off on the Win10 machines.
4. Frobbed all of these switches on-off,
5. Switched the SMB1 value on and off
6. Tried with IP address \\xx.yy.zz.aa\shared (result - unspecified error)
7. WORKED for 1 of 2 Win10 machines - Added a windows credential for blackbox/mangler with password
8. WORKED for other Win10 - Added credential and included the TLD assigned by DHCP router (.local). The device in network browser still showed BLACKBOX but blackbox.local worked.

It seems to be a Win10 specific issue but none of the other sites have anything helpful either. I just keep getting this dialog and there are so many asked and unanswered issues with this on this and other sites.

Is there anything else I can try? Is there any log I can check to get more detail on the problem than "not found"?

Attachments

• blackbox-setup.png
    blackbox-setup.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @moonlighter.

Thank you for sharing and for the detailed post.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!