What's new

Voxel USB Printer on R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ex313

Regular Contributor
I just got rid of a Linux box I was using as a print server and put the R7800 in charge of print serving. I am using Bonjour and it installed ok, but keep running into errors that " Windows cannot print do to an error with the current setup" Its intermittent and I am seeing it on more than one machine on the network.

Anything I need to enable on the router to help the system work better? Does ReadyShare need to be turned on for a printer?

Thanks

D.-

I just got rid of a Linux box I was using as a print server and put the R7800 in charge of print serving. I am using Bonjour and it installed ok, but keep running into errors that " Windows cannot print do to an error with the current setup" Its intermittent and I am seeing it on more than one machine on the network.

Anything I need to enable on the router to help the system work better? Does ReadyShare need to be turned on for a printer?

Thanks

D.-
If I reboot the router - I connect to the printers fine. Is there a service that is crashing? Do I need to schedule nightly reboots so that people can print normally during the day?

Have you set the printer up using USB support on the router?

Have you also is you are using Windows set it up as a networked printer?

I am using "basic" usb storage setting on router, I did not select Readyshare Printer.

I used Bonjour to set up the printer, and once the port was created I set the printer up manually.

I am using "basic" usb storage setting on router, I did not select Readyshare Printer.

I used Bonjour to set up the printer, and once the port was created I set the printer up manually.
I have my R7000 running Tomato and have no issues using the printer as a networked printer. Not familiar enough with your setup to offer advice.

Attachments

• usbprinter.png
    usbprinter.png
    36 KB · Views: 84

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!