What's new

USB size

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diveblaster

Regular Contributor
Hi!
Simple question hopefully :)
I am to embark into the world of Merlin and all the addons on my newly purchased asus router AXE16000.
What size of USB should i buy so I can use AMTM and other script to the fullest?
Regards
Dive

Up to you, the actual used space is around 3gb (extremely rough and rounded up number) or so, and nowadays its extremely hard to get your hand on a 8gb or a 16gb, so I've been running 32gb simply because i can't find anything cheaper/smaller. You could also go for an ssd I guess that might last longer

Simple question hopefully :)
I am to embark into the world of Merlin and all the addons on my newly purchased asus router AXE16000.
What size of USB should i buy so I can use AMTM and other script to the fullest?d
If you haven't done so already, use the forum search feature to search this subforum. There are a number of past discussions on USB drives and what sizes people are using or recommending. It ultimately comes down to which add-on scripts one plans on using. Some scripts recommend a certain size for swap files. For example, some past threads that come up in a quick search of this subforum:

Thx

Don't buy a USB thumb drive to use on the router. This is almost guaranteed to fail.

Buy an SSD and external enclosure instead. 128GB or larger SSD, UGREEN enclosures are usually recommended.

Don't buy a USB thumb drive to use on the router. This is almost guaranteed to fail.

Buy an SSD and external enclosure instead. 128GB or larger SSD, UGREEN enclosures are usually recommended.
I followed ur advice. Found this in a thread and ordered.

SSD drive in external USB enclosure:

1683152665530.png

1683152695787.png

Thx for ur quick and wize tips!
Dive

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!