What's new

Use RT-ac66u and RT-ac68u in combination?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sdrawkcab

Occasional Visitor
Hello!

I was thinking about buying an RT-ac68u and to use it as my wireless router and to put my old rt-ac66u as a media bridge. But from what I've read you need to have two of the same product.

Is this true?

Not at all! I have that setup, only I use the 66U as a repeated, not media bridge. They "just work" as Apple would say. :)

Okay!
Well the repeater-function should work with two different models but when you put it into repeater-mode, will it also put through the signal through the LAN-ports because that is my mission.

So I would like to send my wireless connection to the other device and then use cables there to
My devices, will that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I have the same configuration but, when you put the RT-AC66U in AP mode, all your wireless guest will have access to the intranet.

There is not choice to disable access to the intranet, like the way you will have it in Router mode.

Thanx

C_VINO_NT.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!