What's new

Use wifi makes crash my ASUS RT-AC86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

reebool

Occasional Visitor
Hello, the fact of using the wifi makes that I lose the connection of my router, then the connection returns after one minute.
I am currently under the latest version of merlin (stable) and have tried the official version of ASUS but the result is the same. I already did nvram erase and factory reset the router but nothing works
I have no more ideas ...

Does it crash and reboot (see System Log to confirm)? Or is it a conflict with DFS channels on 5Ghz?

Hi, I do not see anything in the log system because the router disconnects me from the UI. Once reconnected I do not see any error.
But I observe that the problem occurs when I'm connected to the 5Ghz band

I just did it and it did not work, the router still crash
4ZkNLM6

https://ibb.co/4ZkNLM6

I hit apply with 36 and tested with 36 and it crashes again

What do you mean by testing? Is your laptop disconnecting and that’s what you mean by the router crashing? It probably loses WiFi connection cause you have the ssid hidden

What do you mean by testing? Is your laptop disconnecting and that’s what you mean by the router crashing? It probably loses WiFi connection cause you have the ssid hidden
I am in front of the router and when I use the wifi 5Ghz with my iphone or my laptop I see my router lose the connection and wifi connections of my iphone, my laptop and the ethernet connection of my PC

Same result :/
There are other options to modify regarding 5Ghz?

The fact that you mentioned Ethernet crashing too is a red flag to me that something else is going on. A total reset wipe and then barebones config with one ssid just to see if it works and no drops is where I’d start. Don’t tweak anything

I’ll check back here in the morning, gotta run

return or RMA!

My first 86U had the issue that it doesnt apply Wifi changes, only after a reboot it changed it to what I set before.
Later I found just disable 5G in prof-tab and reenable again made changes too to be really applied and not only shown in GUI.

According to the leds of the router, the led of the WAN connection goes out, so all connections are down

return or RMA!

My first 86U had the issue that it doesnt apply Wifi changes, only after a reboot it changed it to what I set before.
Later I found just disable 5G in prof-tab and reenable again made changes too to be really applied and not only shown in GUI.
Hey thnaks for the advice I gonna test right now !

I also noticed this morning that the GUI interface was quite slow and I find myself with this problem visible from my log:
"Jul 30 14:09:02 rc_service: watchdog 799: notify_rc start_cfgsync"
https://pastebin.com/9HD1DdHH

Hello, the fact of using the wifi makes that I lose the connection of my router, then the connection returns after one minute.
I am currently under the latest version of merlin (stable) and have tried the official version of ASUS but the result is the same. I already did nvram erase and factory reset the router but nothing works
I have no more ideas ...

Have you turned off Beamforming? Or do you have this issue?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac88u-kernel-net_ratelimit-number-callbacks-suppressed.57810/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!