What's new

Using HP Laserjet 1020 on ASUS RT-AX92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esfu

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I have an old HP Laserjet 1020 Monochrome USB printer with no WiFi or network connection capability. It also prints in duplex mode manually. It serves most of my printing needs.

Currently, I use the laptop to which this printer is connected to print any documents that I need hard copy for.

Is there any way by using some small device to use this printer as a network printer but without connecting it to the main ASUS RT-AX92U router's USB port as the ASUS RT-AX92U main router is in a small cabinet and I cannot shift the printer there or connect it using USB also to the router.

On another thought, is network printing feature available with access points with USB port as at most, I might be able to place and use an additional access point with USB port near where the printer is located.

Thanks and Regards,

esfu

USB port is not enough. You need this device to support your printer as well. This is what is supported by Asus routers:

You may find other printer make/model working for basic printing, but some advanced features may be unsupported.

USB port is not enough. You need this device to support your printer as well. This is what is supported by Asus routers:

You may find other printer make/model working for basic printing, but some advanced features may be unsupported.
Laserjet 1020 is not in the list. Looks like I will have to continue the way it is now. Some hassle but not a lot to copy files on pen drive or through network to laptop to which printer is connected as printing tasks are occasional only. Also, can use all printer features through native driver.

Is there any way by using some small device to use this printer as a network printer but without connecting it to the main ASUS RT-AX92U router's USB port as the ASUS RT-AX92U main router is in a small cabinet and I cannot shift the printer there or connect it using USB also to the router.
What you're describing is a USB Printer Server. There are plenty to choose from on Amazon.

On another thought, is network printing feature available with access points with USB port as at most, I might be able to place and use an additional access point with USB port near where the printer is located.
Check whether that option is available in your access point's GUI. If it is then it would probably work as an LPR printer.

Hi,

I have an old HP Laserjet 1020 Monochrome USB printer with no WiFi or network connection capability. It also prints in duplex mode manually. It serves most of my printing needs.

Currently, I use the laptop to which this printer is connected to print any documents that I need hard copy for.

Thanks and Regards,

es

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...nt/c01278893&usg=AOvVaw35gFKCl0mAAAqB5pwvTzuv

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!