What's new

USPS Informed Delivery blocked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pungh0Li0

Occasional Visitor
Maybe not firmware (RT-AC68P 384.10) related but for several weeks I have not been able to access Informed Delivery: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/
I tried the usual stuff.... multiple device, browsers, turned off firewall, reboots etc.
Today I tried with mobile data and it worked fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Joe

Most likely some corruption on the router. For the longest time I couldn't access a tech website that I frequent that I know is always up. Using another device to try to access that website also resulted in an unreachable error. Only way to fix, at least for me, was to reset the router and reconfigure it.

Maybe not firmware (RT-AC68P 384.10) related but for several weeks I have not been able to access Informed Delivery: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/
I tried the usual stuff.... multiple device, browsers, turned off firewall, reboots etc.
Today I tried with mobile data and it worked fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Joe
Have you tried a different browser?

It appears to be a bad URL. I went to the USPS website; www.usps.com . Then I selected the pulldown "Track & Manage" and then choose "Informed Deliver" and got this "Error 500: Context: eagnmncom1a5eNetwork/clusters/rmincluster, name: /ejblocal:ejblocal:RminEAR/RminEJB.jar/ConfigurationServices#com.usps.utils.ejb.session.ConfigurationServicesLocal: First component in name /ejblocal:ejblocal:RminEAR/RminEJB.jar/ConfigurationServices#com.usps.utils.ejb.session.ConfigurationServicesLocal not found."

Basically, that portion of USPS website is broke. I was using Safari but when I switched to Firefox, I got a flash of a Java message and then the site. So again, USPS is doing some Java magic or something.

Last edited:
It appears to be a bad URL. I went to the USPS website; www.usps.com . Then I selected the pulldown "Track & Manage" and then choose "Informed Deliver" and got this "Error 500: Context: eagnmncom1a5eNetwork/clusters/rmincluster, name: /ejblocal:ejblocal:RminEAR/RminEJB.jar/ConfigurationServices#com.usps.utils.ejb.session.ConfigurationServicesLocal: First component in name /ejblocal:ejblocal:RminEAR/RminEJB.jar/ConfigurationServices#com.usps.utils.ejb.session.ConfigurationServicesLocal not found."

Basically, that portion of USPS website is broke. I was using Safari but when I switched to Firefox, I got a flash of a Java message and then the site. So again, USPS is doing some Java magic or something.

Sheesh... of course they have to throw a wrench in the mix as soon as I ask my question.
That's something new. Through the router I get blank page in FF and 'Error 400' in Chrome (for several weeks now). When I tried with mobile data earlier today it worked fine. Now I get the same as you.
So, I still can't get to their page thru the router, plus the page is down anyway. I bet they did that on purpose just to spite me.

We have an Alexa and a couple of spots. They track packages from Amazon and let you know when a package has been delivered. I have not paid attention to what carriers they are working with. I wonder if it works with USPS?

Most likely some corruption on the router. For the longest time I couldn't access a tech website that I frequent that I know is always up. Using another device to try to access that website also resulted in an unreachable error. Only way to fix, at least for me, was to reset the router and reconfigure it.
Factory reset didn't help.
I connected directly to the modem and the page came up fine. So I did "Factory default" thru the Admin page and connected wired with minimal setup and no luck.
It seems to just be the one page and I don't care that much so I'm just gonna leave it alone. I just like troubleshooting and making things work.

Thanks, Joe

I received my usual notice today. Router is AC86U and just flashed to 384.10.2 yesterday. Browser is Firefox Quantum 66.0.2 64 bit. Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.379. You may need to reflash firmware and do a factory default reset. In fact you may need to do this more than once to get to a known stable condition on your router. And do the factory default reset each time.

I received my usual notice today. Router is AC86U and just flashed to 384.10.2 yesterday. Browser is Firefox Quantum 66.0.2 64 bit. Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.379. You may need to reflash firmware and do a factory default reset. In fact you may need to do this more than once to get to a known stable condition on your router. And do the factory default reset each time.
Installed yesterday... 2 resets since.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!