What's new

VDSL modem.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
Sorry for 3 different posts but i believe they should be in separate categories, and sorry if they are in the incorect section just dont see one about modems.

If you have read any of my other posts you may see that i'm in a conundrum on how to push forward.

Currently i have a openreach modem with the asus router connected, recently i have been having multiple dropouts, Openreach have been out today and confirmed no issue on line with a engineer visit. My line when the last owner had the house was getting about 68/72 meg if i remember correctly......... my speeds have slowly got worse. engineer graph showed 22 drop outs on the 1st and about the same on the 2nd april.

If i connect the BT hub 2 (the newer one) i get about 8 meg more, im currently sat at 55, its not capped at 55 as it was in sync at 80meg at the cab, engineer sent another vdsl service into my house and the same. cant use the smart hub as i cant connect it to my asus in a modem mode or bridge mode.

would a vigor 130 help my situation? or any alternative modem only? i currently have the openreach modem Huawei HG612 3b.
Thanks

How can I find that out? I know it’s a vectored cab and takes an age to reconnect. I
Think it’s a Huawei.

I have the Huawei 288 /384HD FTTC cabinet so would the 1312 or 3625 be best? I assume both can Goni to modem only/ bridge mode? Thanks.