What's new

Version 386.3_2 doesn't include ip6table's NAT module

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mumu

New Around Here
Hi, I want to setup IPv6 using ULA addresses. However ip6tables doesn't seem to support the 'nat' module'

1630149377799.png

Is there an alternative way to get this or will it be included in future releases ?

-Mumu

hm one of benefit using IPv6 is no more NAT (Network Address Translation); not sure what you ask for.

hm one of benefit using IPv6 is no more NAT (Network Address Translation); not sure what you ask for.
Hi, while that is true, there are some use cases for it. My provider hands out dynamic /64 PD which changes everytime my WAN connection resets. For IPv6, this is bad as I would need to re-number all IPv6 address for my devices.

With ULA addresses, they work similar to IPv4 private addresses and the 'NAT' part with ip6tables just maps the ULA addresses to a single GUA address bound on the WAN interface.

Therefore I'm looking for answers if the next release will include nat support in ip6tables.

it is not exactly answer you looking for but addresses started with fe80: - should be marked as permanent and should not change.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!