What's new

very bad AiMesh performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ongbenghui

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am trying Aimesh with a AC86U as a router node, and AC68 as a Edge Node, however, I got very bad wifi performance, and only get 30Mbps performance when my client PC (Thinkpad 13) is connected to the Edge Node or Router Node.

is the any diagnostic that I can do to troubleshoot the problem ? The two Node are placed in separate rooms but the two rooms where side by side, in comparison, a similar velop setup will cross 100+Mbps in a 3 nodes configuration in 3 separate rooms on the furthest node.

Any advise ?

Yes, drop Aimesh and set the AC68 as a AP.
I've tried seval times to use Aimesh but the performance and stability send me back to basic setup. I have GT RT-5300, RT-5300 and AC68' and the performance on non Aimesh is epic good.

Hi,

I am trying Aimesh with a AC86U as a router node, and AC68 as a Edge Node, however, I got very bad wifi performance, and only get 30Mbps performance when my client PC (Thinkpad 13) is connected to the Edge Node or Router Node.

is the any diagnostic that I can do to troubleshoot the problem ? The two Node are placed in separate rooms but the two rooms where side by side, in comparison, a similar velop setup will cross 100+Mbps in a 3 nodes configuration in 3 separate rooms on the furthest node.

Any advise ?

Can you send feedback with system log, wifi log, Setting by Feedback function ?

Yes, drop Aimesh and set the AC68 as a AP.
I've tried seval times to use Aimesh but the performance and stability send me back to basic setup. I have GT RT-5300, RT-5300 and AC68' and the performance on non Aimesh is epic good.

Thinking of giving it some chance. :) I am looking at wireless back haul between the AC68 and AC86. Does the AP configuration allow that ?

Can you send feedback with system log, wifi log, Setting by Feedback function ?

I am turning on Diag Log as well. Hopefully, this will give you guys some info.

It will be really good to get some webpage on the node to give status on the setup, like back haul speed, etc.
This will really help with troubleshooting.

Thinking of giving it some chance. :) I am looking at wireless back haul between the AC68 and AC86. Does the AP configuration allow that ?

My setup involing a ROG 5300 as the main router, AC-5300 as a wired AP and 6 AC-68 setup as AP (2 wired and 4 wireless. The speed is awesome. It took me some time to fit the placement for the wireless but after some measurements they all is performing as expected. Reboot all devices each night and no problem since leaving Aimesh

AiMesh shared the same wireless channel as your internet router basically sharing the bandwidth and then having to back haul the traffic in addition. I agree withe previous poster. Use the ac68 as a repeater instead.

Move the node closer to the primary...

What about ethernet backhaul? Shouldn't that take care of the bandwidth sharing issue?
No, when backhaul is wired there's no sharing of the wireless link.
Another drawback it's still there though: router and nodes are using the same wireless channels so if it's too close it will get noisy. But definitely way better than having a wireless backhaul.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!