What's new

Very confusing selection buttons on ASUS AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

itsjustme999

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have an ASUS AX86u router running the latest firmware and I noticed something odd and strange about the selection radio buttons.
Mine seems to be white and not blue when selecting the options No or Yes as compared from my other image gathered from another source.

Why is this?

Is there a setting that I can enable this?

So from my router, as you as you can see, I cannot tell or know under the Firewall options/settings if the White means YES or the blank circle means NO...
When I switch from Yes to No or vice versa, my options do not turn blue compared to the other image.

However, I click on the radio button on the NO option, the white switches to the YES.

This seems to be a bug. Does anyone think this as well?

Attachments

• ASUS.PNG
    ASUS.PNG
    260.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    77.6 KB · Views: 102
So the blank or clear radio buttons means enabled and solid white means disabled?

I’m still confused and why don’t I have the blue colored selections as from the other image?

Did ASUS change this to their latest firmware updates?

So the blank or clear radio buttons means enabled and solid white means disabled?

I’m still confused and why don’t I have the blue colored selections as from the other image?

Did ASUS change this to their latest firmware updates?

Select the setting you want. Accept the color it is. Forget the image from another source and firmware you are not using.

OE

Think I understand now.

For example, if I wanted to Disable Firewall I would choose NO (solid white color) and the YES option would then turn to the solid white color and then the NO would be the clear one?
Correct?

Think I understand now.

For example, if I wanted to Disable Firewall I would choose NO (solid white color) and the YES option would then turn to the solid white color and then the NO would be the clear one?
Correct?

Select the setting you want. Accept the color it is.

It makes no sense to instruct otherwise... you could be color blind, your display could be different, the firmware behavior could change even from page to page.

OE

Think of them as filled or empty. Not blue or white. The button that is filled with a light ring is enabled. In your capture.png both settings are enabled. My router is the same with the filled button looking Grey but filled

So just to confirm again from my image here under the Firewall settings, if I see the button that is filled with grey with a white ring outside of it, does that mean it is enabled?

Attachments

• A0D24341-5CC9-4FA7-AA6A-617C0E3B6400.png
    A0D24341-5CC9-4FA7-AA6A-617C0E3B6400.png
    67 KB · Views: 89
Okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Can you do me a favor please? Can you try using Edge to open up your ASUS router settings and see if it looks the same as mine as being Grey as opposed to being Blue in Chrome?

The settings in Edge is NOT really ensuring to the eye...As I always think that the FILLED White colors mean that a setting is Enabled...

Again, this is the way your browser shows the selections.

Example in Chrome:

View attachment 43003

Disable DoS protection, not needed and may cause issues.
Why do you say DoS protection may cause issues? I have had mine enabled since day one, and I haven't noticed anything wrong, but I might be missing something, thanks