What's new

Virus in my router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt the OP did originally have a virus, and could very well have been allowing remote access.

Actually I have a lot of doubt about OP and this thread - it's like many others...

The number of builds that might behave as OP suggests is close to zero

Actually I have a lot of doubt about OP and this thread - it's like many others...

The number of builds that might behave as OP suggests is close to zero

I'm not sure if its deja vu but I recall some very similar posts from someone a while back, like they were on something and having a bad trip....

But if OP is real the virus is not unlikely, especially when downloading from mediafire. Seen so many variants of agent tesla (remote control plus keylogger) in the past year. All of them avoid detection by all the major engines.

But regardless I don't think we're getting the full story, possibly just from cloudy memory or confusion of what happened first.

How does Linux work with Windows games these days?
I see enough research has been done on your behalf already, I'm not playing games.

At this point it may be beneficial to mark this tread SOLVED, maybe add a tag for Avast for others with similar misunderstanding. I pointed out, clearly this was/is serious to someone, there may be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!