What's new

VOIP Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cnsultnt

New Around Here
My VOIP is with Google Voice on OBI 202 ATA. Was working fine on N66U running John's Fork. Can't get it to connect on the latest Merlin with Diversion (clean install) on AC86U. I have a fixed IP, DNS 8.8.8.8 for the device. I've tried all three settings for SIP Passthrough, without success. Obitalk shows
Connecting to 172.253.115.125
Backing Off : Authentication error

That authentication error looks like a username/password issue with your SIP.

That authentication error looks like a username/password issue with your SIP.
It's Google Voice, logging in with my google password. I'm assuming the auth error is unable to connect to the auth server. Is there anyway I can track the request on the router?

It's Google Voice, logging in with my google password. I'm assuming the auth error is unable to connect to the auth server. Is there anyway I can track the request on the router?
I have no idea how Google Voice works, sorry. It's unlikely to be related to the router, your best shot is contacting their support.

I doubt an authentication error would be failure to connect to their server, unless their error message is completely bogus.

Especially now that Google are moving to OAUTH2 for pretty much everything, unless you set up an application password and enable 2FA on your Google account.

I have GV with an OBI202 working behind my RT-AX86U latest Merlin with no problems...
GV was fully configured using the OBI Portal - I think a year back or so I had to reconfigure something to keep it working for OAUTH2....

On the Router the only change I make after every full reset is
SIP Passthrough -> Disable

Maybe delete your GV config on the OBI Portal and reconfigure from scratch and see if it takes...