What's new

VPN Client Merlin RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

buildersboy

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

It seems if I use the pass through for specific devices it defeats my vpn ip on other devices. Set the devices to bypass VPN to WAN. Any help? " Force Internet traffic through tunnel " I think I used strict and it defeated VPN totally on other devices besides what I wanted bypassed.

Last edited:
It seems if I use the pass through for specific devices it defeats my vpn ip on other devices. Set the devices to bypass VPN to WAN. Any help? " Force Internet traffic through tunnel " I think I used strict and it defeated VPN totally on other devices besides what I wanted bypassed.
What "pass through"? Are you talking about Policy Rules? If so see the explanation of how it works in the wiki.

I really need to get my arlo bases to bypass the vpn. Im totally lost even "in the wiki". I am using Surfshark via Merlin firmware RT-AX88U. Going by device and WAN seems not to work. It opens up to ISP IP address across the board.

Only if Surfshark offered port forwarding. Best VPN speeds period so I switched to Merlin firmware to help my cause.

355BA47F-76A7-46C6-9466-3F77873F0B87.jpeg

You will want to use the last example. Make a rule for LAN as shown and all traffic will go through the VPN. Then you can make a rule for any device you want to go through WAN. Be sure to set static IPs either in the DHCP settings or on the device itself.

OK you helped Sobster...

My router login is 192.168.19.1

The settings in screenshot did the trick. "VMB4000" is an Arlo base, as is "Arlo" another base, and the netgear is the extender one base is connected to. All other IPs go to VPN. Dang sweet success.
Screenshot (9).png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!