What's new

Solved VPN Director Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macster2075

Very Senior Member
I would like to know if there's a way for me to use VPN Director in reverse.
What I mean is... I would like for every device that connects to my network, to use the vpn, except the ones in the VPN Director list.
Is this possible?

Or

When selecting Yes (All)... Is there a way to whitelist devices to NOT use the vpn?

I think this is why it's called "VPN Director"... Not "Everything but VPN Director"... Lol :p

So you could probably make an exception range (placed at the top) that redirects to the WAN... And directly underneath it, make 192.168.1.0/24 (or whatever your range is) redirected to the VPN? That should act as a catch-all?

So kinda sorta...?

Last edited:
Add your internal LAN to point to the VPN Client - X.X.X.X/24

Manually add the IP's you don't want to go over the VPN and point them to WAN.

Make sure you've set static/assigned IP's for the devices because if they renew/disconnect and get a different IP they will then start routing over VPN.

Add your internal LAN to point to the VPN Client - X.X.X.X/24

Manually add the IP's you don't want to go over the VPN and point them to WAN.

Make sure you've set static/assigned IP's for the devices because if they renew/disconnect and get a different IP they will then start routing over VPN.
Thanks.. worked like a charm!

Sorry, I spoke too soon haha.
So, I thought I did what you said, but the devices I sent to the WAN are still using the vpn because I set it to ALL.

vpn all.jpg

I guess I misunderstood what I need to do.
When you say to add my internal LAN and point to the VPN.. how do I do that?

Change that to "VPN Director".

That's how I had it before. The issue is that when I set the VPN setting to VPN Director, i have to manually set the devices I want to use the VPN... but that's the opposite of what I need.

vpn director.jpg

Ok, I found the wiki page. The page just shows how to use the VPN Director, but it doesn't address what I want to do.

The page says this...
1669859117218.png

which is what I am trying NOT to do. I don't want to manually add clients to use the vpn.. I want ALL clients to automatically be routed to use the VPN when connecting to my router..... Except, a handful of devices which I would manually add to a "whitelist".

hm.. I think Im just too dumb to understand lol.

Do I just need to add 192.168.1.1/24 like this and that should route all traffic to the VPN?

1669859865528.png

hm.. I think Im just too dumb to understand lol.

Do I just need to add 192.168.1.1/24 like this and that should route all traffic to the VPN?

View attachment 45867
I don't know if that will work but the correct notation is as shown in the example and in your case should be 192.168.1.0/24

Seems to be working as I wanted using 192.168.1.1/24.. but I am not sure if this is correct.

Seems to be working as I wanted using 192.168.1.1/24.. but I am not sure if this is correct.
Technically, it should be 192.168.1.0/24... but perhaps the firmware assumes that when it sees the /24.

oh yeah.. I forgot about the /24. Thanks all for your help. It's working. Sorry it took me a while before I could understand what I needed to do.