What's new

Solved VPN Director settings do not get saved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevieosaurus

Regular Contributor
Happens in Merlin v386.5_2:
Saving settings and restoring the saved file does not restore VPN Director settings.
It also breaks VPN Client settings, as I receive an error when attempting to restart any of them. I do not know exactly what part of it breaks the save/restore, as the user/pass are correct after the restore.

Many of the VPN settings are stored in /jffs/openvpn now and not nvram (there are dummy entries in nvram). Are you also backing up and restoring the jffs partition?

Last edited:
true, I was backing up just the settings file, without the JFFS partition. Still, shouldn't they also be stored in the settings file?

No, that is what the JFFS backup button does.

true, I was backing up just the settings file, without the JFFS partition. Still, shouldn't they also be stored in the settings file?
No. They've been moved to jffs to get around size restrictions in nvram. The settings file is just a dump of nvram.

Thank you for all your help and answers. I am marking this thread closed and solved.