What's new

VPN Director Static IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zim

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

In the stock firmware using VPN Fusion when I created a rule for a specific device (MAC ID) with a specific IP it automatically made that a static IP for that MAC ID. I don't see that happening with VPN Director.

Every time my laptop starts, the router assigns a new IP to my laptop and the VPN DIrector rules don't seem to work.

When working with VPN Director, do I need to manually assign a static IP for the MAC ID?

For future versions can we please request that as a feature, where it will automatically make it a static IP once set in VPN Director? The latest stock firmware has this and found it to be a huge time saver.

For future versions can we please request that as a feature, where it will automatically make it a static IP once set in VPN Director? The latest stock firmware has this and found it to be a huge time saver.
No, because I think it's a bad idea. People configuring a VPN shouldn't expect it to make changes to their DHCP server behind their back.

No, because I think it's a bad idea. People configuring a VPN shouldn't expect it to make changes to their DHCP server behind their back.
Got it! Just spent time manually setting the static IPs. Now time to figure out how to export this list for future factory resets.