What's new

VPN & DNS leak

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Propsurv

New Around Here
Hi, I would like to ask why my vpn can access 1 streaming service in another country but other streaming services recognise I am outside the uk, my provider says I have dns leak, but surely that would be the case for all streaming services?
I use an ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.5 firmware and NordVPN with a uk dedicated ip linked to a Humax HDR 1100S Freesat box.

Any help would be very much appreciated, but I have limited technical ability

Different streaming providers use different techniques and information to detect/block unauthorised access.

Hi, I would like to ask why my vpn can access 1 streaming service in another country but other streaming services recognise I am outside the uk, my provider says I have dns leak, but surely that would be the case for all streaming services?
I use an ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.5 firmware and NordVPN with a uk dedicated ip linked to a Humax HDR 1100S Freesat box.

Any help would be very much appreciated, but I have limited technical ability
The streaming services are having a clamp down on streaming services at present. I have the same problem