What's new

VPN for Utorrent ONLY ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

citation10

Occasional Visitor
I have the newest Merlin in my AC5300 router and I want the OpenVPN only to work for Utorrent . Can anyone tell me how this can be done ? I've been trying to do it for 5 years and never got it , finally today I will ask lol .

You can't associate the VPN w/ an application directly. All you can do is associate the VPN w/ either a source IP (via policy based routing rules) or destination IP (via static routes). IOW, only *indirectly*, by determining what source and/or destination IP(s) are in use by the given application and creating the relevant rules and/or static routes accordingly.

If you implement your own policy based routing rather than using the GUI, you do gain a bit more flexibility. You could use other criteria besides source IP (source and/or destination ports, protocol (e.g. udp vs. tcp), network interface, etc.). And that can sometimes help a bit. But the fact remains; you still can't make a direct association between the VPN and a specific app.

Could always grab yourself a raspberry pi and a USB 1TB external portable hard drive, and install a torrent application, and you'll be on your way, then you can grab the rpi IP and traffic it through the VPN

Last edited:
Or find a provider that offers Socks5 support, and configure that within your client.