What's new

VPN port passthrough on Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bruggy

New Around Here
I'm attempting to get Plex Remote Access working with an OpenVPN client on my router and am having issues allowing the port to open. I noticed that with Merlin's firmware we're able to certain IPs to bypass the VPN. Is it possible to allow certain ports to bypass the VPN?

I currently have VersaVPN running as an OpenVPN Client on my router which is working other than allowing port 32400 to open... I switched to VersaVPN as my provider because the advertise that they allow up to 4 ports to be forwarded but it does't seem to be working... I've turned off the firewalls on my plex server and manually forwarded port 32400 on my router. When I turn off the OpenVPN Client the port works but as soon as I turn the VPN back on it doesn't.

I'm open to any ideas on how to get remote access to Plex through a VPN if any one has any suggestions other than the port bypass.