What's new

VPN routing how to exclude specific ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marvin Gage

Occasional Visitor
I want to be able to exclude specific ports from VPN. So in general everything uses VPN except for specific ports for apps that do not work with VPN.

Example is a Java App that I use port 2002 for. I tried to do a port forward but when I am using VPN Client port forward does not work with the client.

How can I exclude a specific port like this to use WAN and not the VPN?

I want to be able to exclude specific ports from VPN. So in general everything uses VPN except for specific ports for apps that do not work with VPN.

Example is a Java App that I use port 2002 for. I tried to do a port forward but when I am using VPN Client port forward does not work with the client.

How can I exclude a specific port like this to use WAN and not the VPN?

OpenVPN Selective Port routing Wiki Selective Port Routing
EDIT: Here is the relocated direct link Selective Port Routing

Is there a better tutorial first thing it starts with is I need a NAT-START script. Where the heck do I get that script? I found the script folder using WINSCP but I see no NAT-START and can't find anything for a real tutorial on what NAT-START is.
There is a wealth of information on the RMerlin Wiki and includes examples of implementing scripts on the router - specifically User scripts should answer your query.

Does not seem to be working at all for me.

1. Force Internet traffic through tunnel > Policy Rules
2. Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs > YES
3. Edited script and saved as nat-start below using nano
4. chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*
5. Reboot router

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sleep 10  # During the boot process nat-start may run multiple times so this is required          

# Ensure duplicate rules are not created
for VPN_ID in 0 1 2 3 4 5
   do
      ip rule del prio 999$VPN_ID  2>/dev/null
   done

# Create the RPDB rules
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x8000/0x8000" table main   prio 9990        # WAN   fwmark
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x7000/0x7000" table ovpnc4 prio 9991        # VPN 4 fwmark
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x3000/0x3000" table ovpnc5 prio 9992        # VPN 5 fwmark
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x1000/0x1000" table ovpnc1 prio 9993        # VPN 1 fwmark
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x2000/0x2000" table ovpnc2 prio 9994        # VPN 2 fwmark
ip rule add from 0/0 fwmark "0x4000/0x4000" table ovpnc3 prio 9995        # VPN 3 fwmark

# iptables rule to Selectively route the desired Ports via the designated VPN Client
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m iprange --src-range 192.168.1.10 -p tcp -m multiport --sport 2002 -j MARK --set-mark 0x8000/0x8000

Last edited: