What's new

Walmart Ac2600 firmware options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheGlow

Occasional Visitor
I needed to upgrade from an Asus RTn66u and saw this at Walmart and picked one up.
What recommendations are there? I was using Asus-Merlin on my last 2 Asus routers, but I have used DDWRT in the past. Is there a specific one for netgear? I saw something I might be able to get asusmerlin on it, but wasnt sure due to confusion on model numbers r7450 not being an r7000 series, etc.

Ehh I cant seem to find any info about this, meanwhile the Asus RT-AC68U is only $10-20 more currently, so I'll be returning this.

Ehh I cant seem to find any info about this, meanwhile the Asus RT-AC68U is only $10-20 more currently, so I'll be returning this.

You're returning an R7800 for an AC68U? That's a huge step backwards.

An R7450 is part of a unique Netgear series, not a 7000 or 7800. It's made for Walmart, Bestbuy, etc. Was $89-99 in the Black Friday ads. I just asked the same thing, it's confusing.

You're returning an R7800 for an AC68U? That's a huge step backwards.
As Gar mentioned this model isnt mainstream really. It appears to be some budget model, rebranded for different stores. As is stock it might be fine, but Ive had asus routers with merlin specifically for the last 6+ years and have had no performance issues. No need to reboot the router offhand, etc. I have this xfinity modem/wifi router combo and it needs to be rebooted every week.
So again for another $10 bucks from amazon I opted for a sturdy wellknown model with support.
Peace of mind vs buyers remorse.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online