What's new

Wan aggregation virgin superhub 5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Has anyone got wan aggregation working off a superhub 5?

I tried using the 2.5gb port and Lan 4 on the asus to hub in modem mode and it failed.

I'm thinking perhaps the hub doesn't support it without adding in additional switches etc.

Reason I ask is my speed is supposed to be 1130 , and on the asus speed test, using the 2.5gb port, the most I have achieved is 1080.

Hence the reason I tried this.

2.5gbps works with my HUB5 to my AX86U. You wont get the full provisioned speed 1200 is the provisioned speed as detailed under configuration on the HUB5 as "1200000450 bps"

Your speed test would seem right. anywhere from 1000 to 1100 as you won't reach the provisioned value. For example the 350mbps service is provisioned as 425mbps but real speed tests yield around 383mbps to 396mbps. The speeds vary due to utilisation at the cabinet and how many DOCSIS modems are on the segment transmitting/receiving.

Reason I ask is my speed is supposed to be 1130 , and on the asus speed test, using the 2.5gb port, the most I have achieved is 1080.

Come on @BreakingDad... don't overcomplicate things. Available as option doesn't necessarily mean working properly. You won't notice any difference even if it was working, WAN + LAN4 only for 2x Gigabit as mentioned above. Use the 2.5GbE port and don't stress too much about it. Merry Christmas!

Thank you all for clarifying and a Merry Christmas to you all. It was fun trying anyway. I like the theory, apparently it is kinda possible with a lot of messing about and additional equipment to create dual 2.5gb ports using some gadget from Microtik, and an additional switch. Can't see the wife wanting another switch spoiling the view though. Don't think the effort would be worth a theoretical minor speed increase either.

Has anyone got wan aggregation working off a superhub 5?

I tried using the 2.5gb port and Lan 4 on the asus to hub in modem mode and it failed.

remember, link aggro doesn't double speed, just capacity...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!