What's new

wan0_gateway vs wan0_gateway_x nvram variables

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeffrey Young

Very Senior Member
Good Friday morning all;

I have been doing some searching around as to the difference between nvram variables ending with _x and the variables that don't end with _x. As an example wan0_gatewaay vs wan0_gateway_x

Can someone explain what the _x variables do within the router?

Thanks

Thanks @ColinTaylor. I don't need to worry about them then.

While stuck indoors during this little world wide shutdown, I have been trying to learn what I can about these little routers and mess around getting things to work. Keeps my mind sharp as I get older. Fortunate enough to have a AC68U box that I can plug into my 86U box to play around with without having to worry if I need to factory reset or not. I am not allowed to touch the main 86U box while the family is home (university students, etc - the kids are actually doing their finals via video-conference).

I originally described these variables as "temporary" but perhaps that's not a good description. Maybe "transient" might be more accurate. But even that is not consistently true.