What's new

Weak guest networks on ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 xt8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Icelandicmayor

New Around Here
Hello,
I’m new to this forum. It looks like many people much smarter than me participate.
I did a lot of research before buying the aZen WiFi 6600. It was pretty universally praised. Security features were singled out as better than most routers
My dilemma; I purchased this router for a newly constructed home about three weeks before the homeless completed. I purchased it at Amazon. After completion of the home and installation of the router I detected a strange situation with the gas networks. The guest networks are very important to me as I have more than 35 IOT devices which I will not connect to my primary network. The performance of the guest network is dismal. I have done minute by minute comparisons of both speed and sensitivity on the gas networks and found that there is a dramatic drop in throughput speed on I guess networks. The speed on the gas network is generally far less than 1/10 of the speed on the primary network.

I’m very happy with the router in general. On the primary network I read obtain speeds in the 400 to 500 even 600 MB per second range. However using a guest network I sometimes obtain speeds of as slow as 10 MB per second. My IOT devices will simply not connect to the guest network. This makes the router effectively useless to me as I am unwilling to use my primary for IoT.
I’ve been in touch with aces customer service as my return window at Amazon has expired. The customer service at aces has not been very helpful at all. Any ideas from you about how to remedy the situation, or whether this situation can be remedied at all would be very helpful thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!