What's new

Web GUI shows site not secure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chewie420

Regular Contributor
I have the RT-AX88U Router with Merlin installed. I have never been able to get the "not secure" message in address bar to go away. I am using a DDNS with no-ip.org.

From the WAN - DDNS setting page in the Webui SSL Certificate section I have selected "Free Certificate from Let's Encrypt"

I export the file and when I extract the files I have a cert.pem and key.pem

From the directions on this tutorial I should be able to install but I am not getting a cert file that can be insatlled.

Not sure how to resolve this and Asus support doesn't seem to know how to help. Thought I would try on here.

This?

1702498809211.png

What is there to secure so much on Web GUI access from LAN?

Is Web Access from WAN enabled on your router? If it is - disable. Security risk.

It's understandable. The letsencrypt certificate is for your no-ip domain, nothing else. If you really want to chase this one then you can set your lan domain to match the no-ip domain and use the domain to access the router, or add an exception in your browser.
Really though, as @Tech9 points out, there's really no need to use ssl on your private network.

It's understandable. The letsencrypt certificate is for your no-ip domain, nothing else. If you really want to chase this one then you can set your lan domain to match the no-ip domain and use the domain to access the router, or add an exception in your browser.
Really though, as @Tech9 points out, there's really no need to use ssl on your private network.
Oh ok thanks for the info. I just didn’t know why it wasn’t working.

If I wanted to change my lan domain to the no-op where do I do that?

In the LAN settings:
Screenshot_2023-12-13-21-56-10-95_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Also in the admin settings I've enabled https access, so to access my router locally I use
Code:
https://XXXXXXX.ddns.net:8443
No need to export keys.

No need to do that either.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!