What's new

Web History not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

we all should send back our routers, maybe then they will learn to listen ...

Off topic:

This actually worked with an LG washing machine I had.

I had a washing machine where the touch panel would get unresponsive until you unplug the cable, wait AT LEAST 10-15 sec, plug back in the cable.

Phone support was horrid!!!! They thought I didn't know how to operate/turn on the washer and kept me in tech support for the longest time before transferring me to the service department.

Tech Visit 1 -
Visits house to diagnose the problem
I Told him the washing machine wont turn on until it is power cycled.
He says its working fine right now.
I said it's an intermittent glitch, but when it happens, it HAS to be power cycled before it will start working again.
He doesn't believe the machine is broken.
I convinced him there might be something out of the ordinary after I showed him a spark on the cable that occurs every time you plug it in (LG dryer had no spark).
Tech Visit 2 -
He installs a new power supply
(Sure it could of been dirty power glitching the computer)​

Tech Visit 3 -
Problem still present
Visits house to diagnose the problem
This time I left in it in the glitched OFF state.
He says its the touch screen buttons.
I told him I doubt it the buttons since after a power cycle the buttons will work fine.
I perform the power cycle and he sees the buttons working fine.
Tech orders a new front panel anyway
Tech Visit 4 -
Tech comes in and installs the front panel
Of course the problem is still present afterwards.
This time I caught the machine entering the unresponsive state during the wash cycle before it shuts off for good.
Create a YouTube video of the glitched ON state.
Call in for 3rd service (5th tech visit).

Apparently the issue has cost them so much money so far that I get connected to an LG engineer in their US department.
Off the bat the guy understands what I am describing.
I tell him I have a YouTube video and he says it is not necessary.
Engineer determine the computer is at fault within the first 30 sec.

Bamm, competent service due to costing them too much money.

I had no issues with the tech diagnosis, but phone support felt like I was talking to a rock when explaining the problem.

You may be onto something.

Explaining the problem and having it understood is half the battle.
Finding the right person to listen is the other half.

Last edited:
Found this forum because this is happening to my RT-AC68U, I ran the code mentioned in a earlier post and some logs show but they never update, it just shows from the day I ran the code.

Any more info on fixing this?

Found this forum because this is happening to my RT-AC68U, I ran the code mentioned in a earlier post and some logs show but they never update, it just shows from the day I ran the code.

Any more info on fixing this?

I gave up on ASUS Support last week. I doubt this problem will ever be fixed. I did escalate to a higher person. But they only seem interested in me sending my router in for repair despite the person agreeing that the problem is with the firmware. I'm pretty sure they closed my case again. I did test the latest firmware released just a couple of days ago. It still has the issue. I have reverted back to June of last year.

+1
I have a RT-AC68U that I just upgraded to Merlin 384.5.
My Web History is not working. Shows up exactly how the original poster of this thread showed.
b7ef2be186114637cebd96687f194aac.jpg

So, quick question. I am on stock ASUS firmware x.x.384.32799. pls provide me the step-by-step instructions to create and add the script to startup.
The stock doesnt have jffs; merline doesn't support aimesh. I can confirm that running WebHistory -e creates the *.db file, but once I reboot, its broken again, also, cant click refresh or back, it would break again. Thanks.

This might get it unstuck for you guys.

WebHistory
Code:
/usr/sbin/WebHistory -e

AiProtectionMonitor
Code:
/usr/sbin/AiProtectionMonitor -e

TrafficAnalyzer
Code:
/usr/sbin/TrafficAnalyzer -e

It seems the databases don't get automatically populated until the commands above are manually ran. Yet in the interm period, the data that is supposed present in and actively populating those databases seems to actually be held at a different location as once above commands are ran the databases "backdate" themselves with historic entries.

--

Your directory structure should look like this

Code:
/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db
/jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db
/jffs/.sys/AiProtectionMonitor/AiProtectionMonitor.db

Without the databases present, the modules seem to have still been functioning silently and just not producing any logs.

--

To see if WebHistory is working go view it live.
To see if AiProtection is working, the following link is a AiProtection malware test file ( IE not real malware!!)

Both links should be blocked by Malware & Infected Device Prevention filters respectively .

Here are the sources of the these test links.

http://docs.trendmicro.com/all/ent/de/v1.5/en-us/de_1.5_olh/ctm_ag/ctm1_ag_ch8/t_test_eicar_file.htm

To test AiProtection, click the links multiple times, and check your AiProtection stats at some future to see if they update.

So, quick question. I am on stock ASUS firmware x.x.384.32799. pls provide me the step-by-step instructions to create and add the script to startup.
The stock doesnt have jffs; merline doesn't support aimesh. I can confirm that running WebHistory -e creates the *.db file, but once I reboot, its broken again, also, cant click refresh or back, it would break again. Thanks.

After more testing, on my router that was a temporary fix aswell and didn’t fix the root cause of this issue.

Happened on the TM router.
Went away on an original.

Think it was a failed DRM check.

Sorry to ask but to make sure, does this mean web history is working properly on newest asus firmwares for the original ac68u? Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!