What's new

Web History not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hank81

Regular Contributor
Hi.

I upgraded my RT-AC68U to 384.3 recently and have just found that web history is not working. It appears blank.
Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestion?
b7ef2be186114637cebd96687f194aac.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 via Tapatalk

Up!
Upgraded to 384.4 and erased nvram. Still not working. I need some feedback please: Is it working for you or it's only me?

Up!
Upgraded to 384.4 and erased nvram. Still not working. I need some feedback please: Is it working for you or it's only me?

It partially work for me. it list all the users web history but the drop down history doesn't work.

"Me too". This page appears to be completely broken. For me it does show web history, but events are not in chronological order; selecting one client in the dropdown box shows records from others; some of the clients shown in "All Clients" mode are not in the dropdown box......

it's sorted by url ("domain name")... go figure...
and yes, the dropdown has lots of problems (prob. from asus' side)

however, WebHistory.db is a sqlite database, only had one table ("history"), can be easily read (sqlite3 command line interface, sql.js, etc) and then sorted/queried as you wish

WebHistory.db is a sqlite database, only had one table ("history"), can be easily read (sqlite3 command line interface, sql.js, etc) and then sorted/queried as you wish

I do not have that file on my router, which is probably why it's not working.

Where is your WebHistory.db located?

/tmp/bwdpi ?

This might get it unstuck for you guys.

WebHistory
Code:
/usr/sbin/WebHistory -e

AiProtectionMonitor
Code:
/usr/sbin/AiProtectionMonitor -e

TrafficAnalyzer
Code:
/usr/sbin/TrafficAnalyzer -e

It seems the databases don't get automatically populated until the commands above are manually ran. Yet in the interm period, the data that is supposed present in and actively populating those databases seems to actually be held at a different location as once above commands are ran the databases "backdate" themselves with historic entries.

--

Your directory structure should look like this

Code:
/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db
/jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db
/jffs/.sys/AiProtectionMonitor/AiProtectionMonitor.db

Without the databases present, the modules seem to have still been functioning silently and just not producing any logs.

--

To see if WebHistory is working go view it live.
To see if AiProtection is working, the following link is a AiProtection malware test file ( IE not real malware!!)

Both links should be blocked by Malware & Infected Device Prevention filters respectively .

Here are the sources of the these test links.

http://docs.trendmicro.com/all/ent/de/v1.5/en-us/de_1.5_olh/ctm_ag/ctm1_ag_ch8/t_test_eicar_file.htm

To test AiProtection, click the links multiple times, and check your AiProtection stats at some future to see if they update.

Last edited:
Code:
l -R /jffs/.sys/
/jffs/.sys/:
drw-rw-rw-    2 notrealadminname root             0 Apr  4 09:42 AiProtectionMonitor/
drw-rw-rw-    2 notrealadminname root             0 Apr  4 10:00 TrafficAnalyzer/
drw-rw-rw-    2 notrealadminname root             0 Apr  4 10:08 WebHistory/
drwxrwxrwx    2 notrealadminname root             0 Apr  4 10:05 nc/

/jffs/.sys/AiProtectionMonitor:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 notrealadminname root         24576 Apr  4 09:42 AiProtectionMonitor.db

/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 notrealadminname root        758784 Apr  4 10:00 TrafficAnalyzer.db

/jffs/.sys/WebHistory:
-rw-r--r--    1 notrealadminname root        387072 Apr  4 10:08 WebHistory.db

/jffs/.sys/nc:
-rw-r--r--    1 notrealadminname root         53248 Apr  4 10:05 nt_center.db

Code:
l /usr/sbin | grep "bwdpi"
lrwxrwxrwx    1 notrealadminname root            12 Mar 24 13:58 AiProtectionMonitor -> bwdpi_sqlite*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 notrealadminname root            12 Mar 24 13:58 TrafficAnalyzer -> bwdpi_sqlite*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 notrealadminname root            12 Mar 24 13:58 WebHistory -> bwdpi_sqlite*
-r-x------    1 notrealadminname root         52752 Mar 24 13:58 bwdpi_sqlite*

Just a quick update guys. I updated to ASUS latest 3.0.0.4.384_20648, and the bug still persists.

I am about to WPS reset the nvram.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea whats causing it to get hung up.

I first want to start off and say thank everyone for all the hard work. The firmware is amazing and I know I couldn't imagine things without it. I have followed this post since it was created as I have had the very same issues with the Web History. This has been the main reason I have stayed away from the 384 branch as I do not have these issues with 380. Looking at the Current Changelog for 380 and seeing that it is EOL, I realize that I need to switch to the current branch. These are the steps I took to upgrade and I am getting the same/similar issues as other users in this thread.

Router: AC-3100
Firmware: 384.4_2
  1. Upgraded Firmware from 380.69_2 to 384.4_2
  2. Cleared all Browser Cache
  3. Initialized Factory Default
  4. Enabled Web History
My results are the same as I have had before.
  • None of the entries are in chronological order in either the All Clients window or a Specific Client Window
  • Selecting a specific client with get blank results even though there are entries for the client in All Clients.
  • Selecting a specific client will show records from other clients as well
I have ran the commands list in the earlier post "/usr/sbin/WebHistory -e" and it did not fix these issues

I am not sure if this helps but here are the results from the two commands that were asked to be run earlier.

Code:
l -R /jffs/.sys/
/jffs/.sys/:
drw-rw-rw-    2 admin    root             0 Apr  7 01:34 AiProtectionMonitor/
drw-rw-rw-    2 admin    root             0 Apr  7 02:00 TrafficAnalyzer/
drw-rw-rw-    2 admin    root             0 Apr  7 02:39 WebHistory/
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    root             0 Feb 13  2017 nc/

/jffs/.sys/AiProtectionMonitor:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         10240 Apr  7 01:34 AiProtectionMonitor.db

/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root        103424 Apr  7 02:00 TrafficAnalyzer.db

/jffs/.sys/WebHistory:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         58368 Apr  7 02:39 WebHistory.db

/jffs/.sys/nc:
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root          4096 Feb 13  2017 nt_center.db

Code:
l /usr/sbin | grep "bwdpi"
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            12 Mar 24 14:01 AiProtectionMonitor ->bwdpi_sqlite*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            12 Mar 24 14:01 TrafficAnalyzer -> bwdpi_sqlite*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root            12 Mar 24 14:01 WebHistory -> bwdpi_sqlite*
-r-x------    1 admin    root         52752 Mar 24 14:01 bwdpi_sqlite*

Thanks again for everyone's help and hard work.

This might get it unstuck for you guys.

WebHistory
Code:
/usr/sbin/WebHistory -e

AiProtectionMonitor
Code:
/usr/sbin/AiProtectionMonitor -e

TrafficAnalyzer
Code:
/usr/sbin/TrafficAnalyzer -e

I've put these commands in the services-start script and Web History is working now, although entries are ordered by url instead of access time as other user reported. Well, that's better than nothing. Thanks!

I have an RT-AC5300. When I upgraded to the latest firmware, it also messed up the sorting of web history. Sorting on the domain field makes the feature pretty much useless. I have a case open with ASUS for two months now. The problem occurs with any version newer than 3.0.0.4.380_7627.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!