What's new

Web History Reporting and Management (Traffic Analyzer/Aiprotection Monitor)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No luck yet...
Looks like you have created the file in DOS/Windows format instead of Unix format. Run the following command to correct the file (and any other files you have created this way).
Code:
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/webhistory_report.sh

Looks like you have created the file in DOS/Windows format instead of Unix format. Run the following command to correct the file (and any other files you have created this way).
Code:
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/webhistory_report.sh

That was it! thanks a lot for the help!

just tried today and it works...
But i dont see any IP / Hostname, do i need to somehow specify it in the command?

@Martineau any clue?

Thanks

1641203665396.png

i was on v386.3.2
i tired afterwards 386.4 and look like this:

1641210920320.png

Anyway thanks for fast action ! :)

btw is there possible to somehow track full URLs like in Web browser History? instead of "main URL" only?

Thanks

All is good now :) great support!
--

btw is there possible to somehow track full URLs like in Web browser History? instead of "main URL" only?

Thanks

You would have to ask ASUS to implement this feature request.

Last edited:
Hi @Martineau

1. after some time i ran it again and in hostname is showing just "?" even before it was showing host name properly. Any clue what might be wrong this time (Current Version : 386.4) ?
2. When i ran "sh WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter" or "nofilter report=WebReport.csv" its listing it, but is kind of slow , like one entry per 1 second.
So if i want to run backup for month, it takes ages.

Speed is dependable on Router? as i dont see any load on 4 core more then 5%. Any way to make it faster or issue is somewhere on my side?

Thanks

1643389848090.png

Hi @Martineau

1. after some time i ran it again and in hostname is showing just "?" even before it was showing host name properly. Any clue what might be wrong this time (Current Version : 386.4) ?
So when it was working, what has changed since?
2. When i ran "sh WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter" or "nofilter report=WebReport.csv" its listing it, but is kind of slow , like one entry per 1 second.
So if i want to run backup for month, it takes ages.

Speed is dependable on Router? as i dont see any load on 4 core more then 5%. Any way to make it faster or issue is somewhere on my side?

Thanks

View attachment 39006
It's no doubt probably my manky coding skills, but it definitely depends on the size of the database.

i.e. The fancy graphics/colourful formatting will take a toll, and as advised (in post #1- reproduced) below, you may need to simply eschew them and supply your own SQL Query direct, or in combination with external tools/filters:

1643397156367.png

i haven't changed anything, as there was no new FW since , so no clue what is wrong.
Tried also Router restart and same behavior "?"

tried as you suggested: "./WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter noscript"

Or also "./WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter report=WebReport.csv nodisplay"

it went really fast with "nodisplay" or "noscript" option, but is ignoring "Local Host name"

"2022-01-15 20:15:27,30:A7:A2:AE:A1:D1,www.xxx.xxx"

Thanks

i haven't changed anything, as there was no new FW since , so no clue what is wrong.
Tried also Router restart and same behavior "?"

tried as you suggested: "./WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter noscript"

Or also "./WebHistory_Report.sh nofilter report=WebReport.csv nodisplay"

it went really fast with "nodisplay" or "noscript" option, but is ignoring "Local Host name"

"2022-01-15 20:15:27,30:A7:A2:AE:A1:D1,www.xxx.xxx"

Thanks
Do any of the following produce output

Code:
cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf | grep "^dhcp-host"

nvram get dhcp_staticlist

grep "30:A7:A2:AE:A1:D1" /etc/dnsmasq.conf

i tried "cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf | grep "^dhcp-host" and give this...
this - nvram get dhcp_staticlist - make the same but all in single like, no host names
1644434497810.png

grep "30:A7:A2:AE:XX:XX" /etc/dnsmasq.conf

1644434645587.png

One more thing all values were like 15-18h old last 2 days, so i thought maybe is full log or what

So I tried to "clear" in UI , then shutdown, 2min wait and boot ...

Now the hostname still shows "?" on all values...

dont want to do factory reset for now...aaah :(

so i ended up with Factory reset, as many things were wrong, no clue why...
will see how it goes few days, then i try your script again as i have no clue what is causing those strange problems

today i tried your script again...all seems fine in the command window. All is there
YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS MAC address Host Name IP address URL

But when i want to export "nofilter report=WebReport.csv nodisplay"
It creates CSV file only with Date,MAC,URL

How to have it with Host Name and IP as well? Its easier to identify what is what

Thanks!

today i tried your script again...all seems fine in the command window. All is there
YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS MAC address Host Name IP address URL

But when i want to export "nofilter report=WebReport.csv nodisplay"
It creates CSV file only with Date,MAC,URL

How to have it with Host Name and IP as well? Its easier to identify what is what

Thanks!
Unfortunately the ASUS database doesn't contain the Hostname/IP

i.e. if you issue
Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db "select datetime(timestamp, 'unixepoch', 'localtime') AS time, mac, url FROM History;"
the displayed records only contain three fields/columns - Date,MAC,URL

However, you can try these three commands
Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/Addons.db "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS hosts(mac TEXT,hostname TEXT,ip TEXT);"
Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/Addons.db "DELETE FROM hosts";arp -a | tr -d '()' | awk '{print toupper($4)","$2","$1}' | sqlite3 -csv /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/Addons.db ".import '|cat -' hosts"; sqlite3 /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/Addons.db "SELECT * FROM hosts"
Code:
sqlite3 /jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db "attach '/jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db' as asus;attach '/jffs/.sys/WebHistory/Addons.db' as killeriq;select datetime(timestamp, 'unixepoch', 'localtime') AS time, x.hostname, x.ip, h.mac, h.url from asus.history h join killeriq.hosts x on h.mac = x.mac;" | sort

Hey, @Martineau, I came across your script in GiHub and tried using your TrafficAnalyzer script. This is what it returned to me after using it same error for WebHistory but this time for traffic analyzer. I know it's been a long time since you last edited but I hope you can fix it. Thank you!

traffic anallyzer.png

Hey, @Martineau, I came across your script in GiHub and tried using your TrafficAnalyzer script. This is what it returned to me after using it same error for WebHistory but this time for traffic analyzer. I know it's been a long time since you last edited but I hope you can fix it. Thank you!

View attachment 51351
It has been a while since I last reviewed these scripts.

I have uploaded new versions of both the TrafficAnalyzer and WebHistory scripts

e.g. Web History Report

1687868797692.png

so they may be fixed?

P.S. Which router and firmware are you using?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!