What's new

Solved Weird bug with executing nat start scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The gaming port is probably the 2.5gb port with QoS priority
It’s definently QoS ; but I have no clue what type….ive done TONS of testing on the port ; something is off. Since the ax86 is pretty new maybe there is some things they need to figure out w it ; I was hoping Merlin could take a deeper look at the port 1 to see if he sees any QoS code designated to the port

@RMerlin :)

Short memory?

Short memory?

Ok but its not "marketing smoke"

Ive done tons of testings and the ping is more stable with the port but gameplay feels weird as heck.

Vs any other port, my ping bounces around.

I asked a simple question, not wanting a smart response.

You're asking the same question over and over. The smart response was given by RMerlin. Whether or not you believe it's 'marketing smoke' or not.

Show us this 'tons of testing'. Specify your method. Lay it all out for us.

The telling part is that in your own analysis, 'gameplay feels weird'.

Yes, that what marketing smoke does even if it makes one aspect technically better.

It’s definently QoS ; but I have no clue what type….ive done TONS of testing on the port ; something is off. Since the ax86 is pretty new maybe there is some things they need to figure out w it ; I was hoping Merlin could take a deeper look at the port 1 to see if he sees any QoS code designated to the port

@RMerlin :)
Probably a port based QoS, similar to the Netgear switch I have.
QoS is closed source if I remember correctly.

You're asking the same question over and over. The smart response was given by RMerlin. Whether or not you believe it's 'marketing smoke' or not.

Show us this 'tons of testing'. Specify your method. Lay it all out for us.

The telling part is that in your own analysis, 'gameplay feels weird'.

Yes, that what marketing smoke does even if it makes one aspect technically better.
Ok I guess I’ll go grab proof to prove their is QoS behind the port. I just have no clue what type that’s why I asked Merlin.

I’ll do my own testing and proof but I’ll tell you this.

I played against a group of streamers in a best out of 3 wager.

First game I used the gaming port. Their ping was 58-63 STABLE barely moving on my host.

Next game I switched to the 2.5 port , and their ping was spiking from 58-76-58-70-80 all around like crazy.
Probably a port based QoS, similar to the Netgear switch I have.
QoS is closed source if I remember correctly.
I believe that is EXACTLY what it is. Port based QoS - but to be quite honest, I was wondering if @RMerlin could take a look at it to “optimize it”?

Testing on a 1GbE port and then testing on a 2.5GbE port only points to an issue with your router, modem/ONT, computer with the 2.5GbE port.

Their ping has nothing to do with how seamless your gaming experience is.

I don't see proof of anything here yet.

Testing on a 1GbE port and then testing on a 2.5GbE port only points to an issue with your router, modem/ONT, computer with the 2.5GbE port.

Their ping has nothing to do with how seamless your gaming experience is.

I don't see proof of anything here yet.
It’s port based QoS port 1 - I have no clue how to confirm this: can I use the ssh to figure it out? Anyone know the specific code needed to reveal info on it?

Doesn't matter what it is, even if you can confirm it.

You need to test two 1GbE ports as WAN to see if it's 'special'.

Doesn't matter what it is, even if you can confirm it.

You need to test two 1GbE ports as WAN to see if it's 'special'.
Even then so, how would I go about recording results? I have a fiber line so packet loss isn’t really a thing no matter how much I bloat the line

What does this mean?
It means Asus has already fixed it on their end, and you will have to wait for that updated code to be merged into mine.

It means Asus has already fixed it on their end, and you will have to wait for that updated code to be merged into mine.
Would you mind checking Port 1 on the asus Ax86u? I believe it has port based QoS but if you could confirm or if their is some sort of lookup I can do in ssh to check on this please let me know. Thanks merlin!

Would you mind checking Port 1 on the asus Ax86u? I believe it has port based QoS but if you could confirm or if their is some sort of lookup I can do in ssh to check on this please let me know. Thanks merlin!
Switch code is closed source and outside of my control.

Short memory?

AGAINST​

• Gaming port performance is unimpressive

Because there is no such thing. Marketing smoke, fluff, pixie-dust, and fairytales for the easily swayed.

it works both you and @dave14305 are absolutely brilliant its now sticking 750 actually sticks, thank you guys so much i deeply appreciate it.

The modified script as follows:

#!/bin/sh
# increase nf_conntrack_expect_max
nvram set ct_expect_max=750

logger -t conntrackscript "Value 750 written to nf_conntrack_expect_max, restarting conntrack"
sleep 2
service restart_conntrack
I have to actually run a script for this? I can just input it in and boom? How the hell has this not been fixed yet by anyone? The new asus stock still has it also