What's new

Weird issue with RTN66U: could use some help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SanPe

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have an asus router N66U, with the latest Merlin build (380.68-4). This router is behind my ISP box, and it's in DMZ. Connected to the router there's a Synology Nas (which is hosting a reverse proxy), and various other devices.

Everything is working great since 3 years. But last week, this thing started:
- Wifi disappeared, like if it was off;
- Internet was unreachable;
- Router GUI was unreachable;
- Lan was OK.

I rebooted the router, Internet was reachable for 2 minutes, then everything crashed (wifi, internet, gui). I flashed again the firmware, thinking that a good old reset could solve this, and everything got back to normal.
And today, exact same issue!

I tried this :
If I unplug the Ethernet cable between ISP box and router, Wifi goes back on, GUI is reachable.
If I unplug the Nas, and plug the Ethernet between ISP box and router, GUI and Wan are reachable, and Wifi is on. If both are pluged-in => router crashes.

I checked the log of the router, and saw nothing special...
I didn't change my settings of router, nas and ISP box. It started to hit the fan like that, no signs of anything, nothing.

Can someone help me? I don't really know where to look to understand what's going on.