What's new

Weird Traffic Monitor Display (N66U, Merlin 374.39_0-em)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raupi12

New Around Here
Hi,

are there any known issues concerning the RT-N66U, Asuswrt-Merlin 374.39_0-em and the "Traffic Monitor"? I've installed 374.39_0-em on my router and the "Last 24 Hours" view of Traffic Monitor (Internet Tab) displays strange values.

There is only one computer attached to LAN port #1, WLAN (radios) turned off. No USB drives attached, no AICloud, no FTP, nothing. Below are two screenshots, #1 shows incoming and outgoing internet packets. According to this, i've had ~5GB of data download in 14 hours! That's impossible because there was only normal internet browsing taking place - no downloads, no youtube or similar traffic hogs.

Screenshot #2 shows the wired traffic. According to this tab there was a total of ~342 MB of traffic from the router to the computer. Which, i think, is a more plausible value. This display also shows no traffic between 14:30 and 20:00, and that's because nobody used the computer during that time. Whereas screenshot #1 (internet) shows constant traffic without any gaps.

Is this a known bug in Traffic Monitor ("Last 24 Hours" view)? What's going on? Any ideas? :confused:

Thank you. (and sorry for my bad english)

108jdu.png

24ouhp.png

Known issue(s) please use search.

Hi,

are there any known issues concerning the RT-N66U, Asuswrt-Merlin 374.39_0-em and the "Traffic Monitor"? I've installed 374.39_0-em on my router and the "Last 24 Hours" view of Traffic Monitor (Internet Tab) displays strange values.

There is only one computer attached to LAN port #1, WLAN (radios) turned off. No USB drives attached, no AICloud, no FTP, nothing. Below are two screenshots, #1 shows incoming and outgoing internet packets. According to this, i've had ~5GB of data download in 14 hours! That's impossible because there was only normal internet browsing taking place - no downloads, no youtube or similar traffic hogs.

Screenshot #2 shows the wired traffic. According to this tab there was a total of ~342 MB of traffic from the router to the computer. Which, i think, is a more plausible value. This display also shows no traffic between 14:30 and 20:00, and that's because nobody used the computer during that time. Whereas screenshot #1 (internet) shows constant traffic without any gaps.

Is this a known bug in Traffic Monitor ("Last 24 Hours" view)? What's going on? Any ideas? :confused:

Thank you. (and sorry for my bad english)

108jdu.png

24ouhp.png

Same issue for me on my RT-N66U and 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em firmware (no problem with previuos 3.0.0.4.374.35_4).

Did you find an answer?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2014-02-25_230127.png
    2014-02-25_230127.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 425
This is a known issue, I'm having the same issue except on a much larger scale only about 8GB transferred according to the individual tabs, but the internet tab is reporting about 2.9TB of data. Merlin has stated that he is unable to reproduce the bug, and so is unable to fix it. From what I understand, we're waiting on Asus to fix the bug themselves.

Merlins response in another thread about this issue is here

Last edited: