What's new

What addons are you all using?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hey guys what do you think about my scripts i just do gaming and streaming i have also installed unbound should i also install skynet? or does diversion the same as skynet ?
What helps for the router Performance
Scipts in the signature ;-)
Diversion is an Ad-blocker, not a firewall. It only blocks certain out going domains.
Skynet is the perfect companion to Diversion and a must have on any WAN facing router IMO.

so skynet would work perfect in combination with all my scripts and also unbound ? Is there something like in diversion there is an ad blocker and in unbound also so it could interferee with these two?

Also does the router have not an own Firewall or is this enabled by default ?

My set up is that i have my ISP Modem in Bridged mode(Singel User only) and after that i have an asus rtac5300

Does Generally help a Firewall to improve Perfomance of the network ?

Also an other question these scripts are installed on the usb stick, does an faster USB Drive help with router perfomance or even latency if the scripts can work faster ?

Last edited:
so skynet would work perfect in combination with all my scripts and also unbound ? Is there something like in diversion there is an ad blocker and in unbound also so it could interferee with these two?

Also does the router have not an own Firewall or is this enabled by default ?

My set up is that i have my ISP Modem in Bridged mode(Singel User only) and after that i have an asus rtac5300

Does Generally help a Firewall to improve Perfomance of the network ?

Also an other question these scripts are installed on the usb stick, does an faster USB Drive help with router perfomance or even latency if the scripts can work faster ?
- Only use one of the ad blockers, they will not happily live side by side.
- If protection is your goal, install Skynet, there is no performance loss or gain.
- Faster is better, generally.

if i install a new usb stick, can i copy the scirps to the new usb stick or do i have to reinstall it all ?

But when connections/firewall rules block something does it not improve the performance?

Whith unbound and diversion i feel my connection is more stable

What does that do? Does that use your ISP's DNS servers?

"No Filtering" will disable/bypass the filter, and "Router" will force clients to use the DNS provided by the router's DHCP server (or, the router itself if it's not defined). :D

Last edited:
I recently installed Diversion and Skynet for the first time and was wondering if I can just leave them at their default settings and be ok?

Is there also a way to check to make sure everything is working as intended? I've heard Diversion takes a while to start blocking certain ads or something like that. I've noticed a few ads still slip in.

Is there a differenz that i can messure/see if the usb stick performs faster? Does the Router constantly have to write/read from the usb stick ? how does this effekt the router performance?

Hey guys what do you think about my scripts i just do gaming and streaming i have also installed unbound should i also install skynet? or does diversion the same as skynet ?
What helps for the router Performance
Scipts in the signature ;-)
You should put Skynet on. You'd be safer. ;) I don't know what Conmon, unbound or FlexQOS does or if I should add them to my router.

Diversion is an Ad-blocker, not a firewall. It only blocks certain out going domains.
Skynet is the perfect companion to Diversion and a must have on any WAN facing router IMO.
With Skynet, should I leave the TrendMicro AiProtection enabled or should I turn that off?

@Rob Q dont wanna be harsh but if you even dont know what flexqos or conmon does pls dont recommend some scripts if you dont know how they work even.

Does Diversion blocks any youtube ads ? or is it safe to install youtube ad blocker over unbound and what do yout think about dns filter in unbound should i enable it?

Thank guys for your inputs. I have a question regarding FS or Fast switch since I have both Diversion and Skynet installed. Should I enable the option? if so, in Diversion, Skynet or both? I'm using lite diversion and it works great especially with no need to install .crt in every client. Thanks,

Thank guys for your inputs. I have a question regarding FS or Fast switch since I have both Diversion and Skynet installed. Should I enable the option? if so, in Diversion, Skynet or both? I'm using lite diversion and it works great especially with no need to install .crt in every client. Thanks,

This feature is only needed if you want to quickly swap between alternate blocking lists.

Thanks. Does that mean when activating it in Diversion it will block ads from IPs provided by Skynet?
No. Skynet and Diversion have their own fast switch functions. You do have the option in Diversion to switch both at the same time though.

Simple setup with Diversion, Skynet and CakeQos. All 3 set and forget. Skynet was eyeopener with some 350K IP's banned and 3K inbound blocks since installed 2 weeks back. I'm not sure if youtube block of Diversion is working as it's still hit and miss. 19th Day on 384.18 with 95% RAM usage. For some reasons already tanked 2 USB drives and currently using spare 128GB SSD that was lying around with 2GB as swap file.

For some reasons already tanked 2 USB drives and currently using spare 128GB SSD that was lying around with 2GB as swap file.

Exactly why I now use a 120GB SSD. USB stick failed twice and could not be found by Skynet after running for about a week.

Diversion and Skynet now running fine after a few weeks now.