What's new

What are the significant differences/(dis)advantages between AX88U and AX92U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You have left out the good-looking ZenWifi XT8 (if you look for a good design). Triband too. You can buy (as me) a single unit. I do not need Mesh, and only use it wirelessly.

You have left out the good-looking ZenWifi XT8 (if you look for a good design). Triband too. You can buy (as me) a single unit. I do not need Mesh, and only use it wirelessly.

That's one good looking router. I saw these at my local Costco. It would blend right in on a bookcase.

This thread is leading to an existential crisis. In search of the pursuit of stable internet bandwidth, one first turns to mythical god like Azeus, but then attempts to find stability for one's router through Zen, but then comes to realize the existence of stable internet must lie within the router itself. Stable internet has no nature outside of one's router. But the essence of stable internet, lies not only within the one router, but the collection of routers that make up the entire internet. It must be one of many to function to its full potential...

That's one good looking router. I saw these at my local Costco. It would blend right in on a bookcase.

This thread is leading to an existential crisis. In search of the pursuit of stable internet bandwidth, one first turns to mythical god like Azeus, but then attempts to find stability for one's router through Zen, but then comes to realize the existence of stable internet must lie within the router itself. Stable internet has no nature outside of one's router. But the essence of stable internet, lies not only within the one router, but the collection of routers that make up the entire internet. It must be one of many to function to its full potential...
Ok. You asked for opinions, and mine is that ZenWIFI XT8 is stable, fast, triband, and "goog looking". I had some problems with Feb update, but solved with a reset. I think there were too much changes in that upgrade. After a full reset, all is smoth. And now I'm using Smart Connect triband for a week, and I'm very happy. Always preferred 3 different ssids, but now... after testing it... I think I will stay on smart connect.

Choosing an AX88u or a AX92u depends on your usage requirements.

If you are building a small network (single router in a house) then the AX88u or AX86u would be the best choice.

However, if you need to build a large mesh network and want to serve a lot of clients wirelessly, then the AX92u is the best solution. Plus, it will give lower latency than the AX88u and AX86u over WiFi.

Last edited: