What's new

What are these scripts for routers, how do I install them on the AX88U, which ones are best?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jusjohn55

Regular Contributor
I always see people talking about installing scripts to better their router. How does one install these scripts and what ones do I install?

What router do you have as you need to be able to run the Merlin firmware for a start?

If you can there are a number of threads re scripts but the easy introduction is AMTM and the excellent guide and subsequent thread authored/started by @L&LD

p.s. Search is your friend :)
The router is the AX88U and I have Merlin Firmware on it. I want to know what are the best scripts to put on the AX88U and where to install them since I don't see a tab for scripts to be put in on the configuration website.

Sorry my bad I should have read the thread subject!

The scripts you need/want depend on what you want to achieve but there is lots of information in the post I have already linked to get you started...

The router is the AX88U and I have Merlin Firmware on it. I want to know what are the best scripts to put on the AX88U and where to install them since I don't see a tab for scripts to be put in on the configuration website.

If you don't know what the scripts are or what they do, the chances are you don't need them. Always best to keep everything as simple as possible.

Except for the Skynet, Diversion, ntpMerlin, Unbound, disk checker 'dc', scripts, and a swap file that makes the router so much more secure, reliable, and dependable than the defaults. ;)

Except for the Skynet, Diversion, ntpMerlin, Unbound, disk checker 'dc', scripts, and a swap file that makes the router so much more secure, reliable, and dependable than the defaults. ;)

Never had or needed ANY scripts on any router since 2000 and haven't seen any security or reliability issues .

I thought I wouldn't need any either. But the network has definitely benefited from those (and more, for me) add-on scripts.

What can I say? @thelonelycoder was right when he was encouraging me to 'jump in' so long ago. :)

Scripts to manage Adaptive QoS (FreshQoS replaced by FlexQoS) were very helpful for working with only 25Mbps internet service bandwidth during the start of lockdown and work from home. Need for scripts depend on circumstances.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!