What's new

What did I do wrong - Wifi settings or Diversion?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ben_

Regular Contributor
Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 on all PCs (desktop X 2 and one notebook).

All three showing "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings", but no harm done, however...

1) Desktop X 2 (wired) can do Windows updates with Diversion on
2) Notebook (Wifi) can not do Windows updates with Diversion on, once Diversion if off, can do updates

What did I do wrong? Is there something I need to adjust in my router (RT-AC68U_384.19_0) or Wifi settings?

Thanks in advance.

2) Notebook (Wifi) can not do Windows updates with Diversion on, once Diversion if off, can do updates
The obvious course of action would seem to be to examine your Diversion block lists and see what Microsoft sites are being blocked.

Seems like the windows update server is blocked.

but the wired desktops have no problem updating with Diversion on!
You have to start somewhere. From what you said it's related to Diversion in some way so that's the obvious thing to look at. I don't use Diversion myself but I think you can enable a "logging" function to see what's going on with it.

You have to start somewhere. From what you said it's related to Diversion in some way so that's the obvious thing to look at. I don't use Diversion myself but I think you can enable a "logging" function to see what's going on with it.

Thanks, that's a smart suggestion! Will report back.