What's new

ntpMerlin What is ntpMerlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And last question for now, in the file I do remember it organized as follows:

server0
server1
server2
server3

Should I keep these numbers or remove them? Or does it not matter?

And last question for now, in the file I do remember it organized as follows:

server0
server1
server2
server3

Should I keep these numbers or remove them? Or does it not matter?
you don't need to add/include the numbers unless they're part of the server address.
and to your other question, yes, at that time your router will hum along to the chorus of The Tragically Hip's "At the 100th Meridian." You'll know it's having issues if it's humming "wheat kings" - "...let's just see what tomorrow brings"

to expand on this: the closer a router's (and the devices connected to it) sync is with the clocks the backbone of the internet rely on, the more certain and smooth their operation will be.

Running an ntp server on your local network for your devices to look to locally rather than going off-site will keep everything ridiculously accurate and humming along so smoothly:

View attachment 32712

every so often you might be watching something on TV where the sound you hear doesn't match with the lips you see moving on screen - and your brain starts to wonder what's going on...the same thing happens with routers and other devices on down the line, and the further they are from a time source that keeps everything where it's supposed to be (in time), the less likely things will be because of delays and drift. 3.209 ppm clock drift...the Internet Exchange where my ISP hosts its servers runs a stratum 1 pool of 3 atomic clocks, and I'm only a ~7ms ping away.
B.S.

I don't build the graphs, I just screenshot them.
It IS possible there's a user input error in my .conf, but everything was going swimmingly well when I took it prior to upgrading to 386.2: I've lost my unbound and scMerlin tabs in the GUI, and amtm says they're fine

lower numbers are better, steady (linear or as close to it as you can get with horseshoes and hand grenades) is ideal
torix is stratum 1, the rest are stratum 2 - you want as many high quality (higher stratum) sources as possible

CBC's broadcast of NRC's time signal is well-known canadiana - i hoped you'd appreciate
the tick and tock of UofT (who said engineers are humourless?) can't hurt as sources either
if you poke around in the ntpMerlin threads, some people use WAY more reference servers than this ^
Awesome. Thanks so much. :)

1617464298962.png

Does this look correct? I saved it as well.

And are these numbers fine by any chance?
1617467076500.png

I mean, I looked at your screenshot and all I see is straight zeros so I don't know if mine is normal or something's wrong with mine.

And are these numbers fine by any chance? View attachment 32765

I mean, I looked at your screenshot and all I see is straight zeros so I don't know if mine is normal or something's wrong with mine.

They're fine. Let's just say yours looks a lot more natural then other screenshot posted above. Give it time, it settle somewhat over time, but you won't see any straight lines (unless you get really creative...)

Screenshot_2021-04-03 ntpMerlin 2.png

They're fine. Let's just say yours looks a lot more natural then other screenshot posted above. Give it time, it settle somewhat over time, but you won't see any straight lines (unless you get really creative...)

View attachment 32767
Got it. Thanks so much.

I don't build the graphs, I just screenshot them.
It IS possible there's a user input error in my .conf, but everything was going swimmingly well when I took it prior to upgrading to 386.2: I've lost my unbound and scMerlin tabs in the GUI, and amtm says they're fine
Something is broken though. It would not be possible to maintain that clock accuracy using ntp.

Something is broken though. It would not be possible to maintain that clock accuracy using ntp.
after a bunch of forcing updates and reboots, I've got unbound and scMerlin tabs back in the GUI, and the razor-straight lines of the graphs generated here are no more. You were right, something was amiss, but I can't say what it might've been - the only things that have changed are the Merlin version and whatever updated in the scripts. also cleared browser caches, but that shouldn't...

after a bunch of forcing updates and reboots, I've got unbound and scMerlin tabs back in the GUI, and the razor-straight lines of the graphs generated here are no more. You were right, something was amiss, but I can't say what it might've been - the only things that have changed are the Merlin version and whatever updated in the scripts. also cleared browser caches, but that shouldn't...
I am having the same issue with the GUI addon tabs having gone awry after upgrading to 386.2. All of the userx.asp pages are there (diversion, skynet, scMerlin, spdMerlin, ntpMerlin and unbound) and can be accessed manually, but were not showing in the correct places. After various uninstalls and re-installs everything is in its place except unbound. I am guessing that this is connected with the changes to addon loading procedures that have been applied to most scripts, but possibly not to that for unbound. I will be taking this to a new thread, as I don't believe it is ntpMerlin related.

I am having the same issue with the GUI addon tabs having gone awry after upgrading to 386.2. All of the userx.asp pages are there (diversion, skynet, scMerlin, spdMerlin, ntpMerlin and unbound) and can be accessed manually, but were not showing in the correct places. After various uninstalls and re-installs everything is in its place except unbound. I am guessing that this is connected with the changes to addon loading procedures that have been applied to most scripts, but possibly not to that for unbound. I will be taking this to a new thread, as I don't believe it is ntpMerlin related.
ask @juched nicely, i've submitted a fix: https://github.com/juched78/Unbound-Asuswrt-Merlin/pull/6

My friend is reporting a similar issue. After upgrading, his entire addons tab just disappeared.

I am very confused.
I had look at the hotfix and then checked unbound_stats.sh, and it already shows at line 548 as
Code:
sed -i "/url: \"javascript:window.open('\/ext\/shared-jy\/redirect.htm'/i {url: \"$MyPage\", tabName: \"Unbound\"}," /tmp/menuTree.js
also, and no idea if it is relevant, the installed / live version no longer has lines 545-547 in your hotfix version
And finally, this time when I rebooted unbound was back in the Addons tab.