What's new

What is the meaning of wl

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

demokedes

Occasional Visitor
Dear all,
I have Asus Merlin on my Asus router. I established monitoring solution based on this link.
In one of the commands, script is accepting wl parameter. As I understand it is accepting: MAC address of something, but I don't know which MAC address is accepting. If I use MAC address of 2,4 GHz or 5GHz radio I am getting bad address error.
Any idea?
1669392524694.png

Thank you in advance?

Dear all,
I have Asus Merlin on my Asus router. I established monitoring solution based on this link.
In one of the commands, script is accepting wl parameter. As I understand it is accepting: MAC address of something, but I don't know which MAC address is accepting. If I use MAC address of 2,4 GHz or 5GHz radio I am getting bad address error.
Any idea?
View attachment 45740
Thank you in advance?

(the linked article seems a bit antiquated, but I'm amused at how the venerable old RT-N66u is starting to appear like the linksys wrt-54g did - a stalwart machine!!)
Which router?
If it's a more recent AC-series or the AX-series, people have done this work for you.

It looks like it’s just counting the number of wireless devices connected to each radio. wl is the wireless radio utility. assoclist is the list of connected devices. wc -l is simply counting the number of lines returned in the output.

Ok, let me answers few things: I am using RT-AC86U.
You're right. Command should count number of devices connected to wireless radio.
Problem I facing is, that I don't get the result.
Although I give MAC address of my 5GHz radio, I get error: wl: Bad Address. Any idea?

admin@RT-AC86U-9DD8:/jffs/scripts/routerstats# wl sta_info 24:4B:FE:BC:9D:DC
wl: Bad Address

You don't "give the MAC address" of anything. sta_info is the wrong wl command.

You need to change eth1 and eth2 to match your router's interfaces. IIRC that should be eth5 and eth6.

ColinTaylor,
YOu're totally right! After replacing eth1, eth2 with eth5 and eth 6, it started working. Thank you very much!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!