What's new

What is your CPU Temperature?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

orbital-chicken

New Around Here
Is this 79 Celsius normal ? My Router is an RT-AC68U.

1625603990927.png

What is causing this?
What can I do to lower the temperature?

the answer to your questions can be found by searching the forum

The OP can be forgiven for being a newbie. Constructive posts that direct the OP to an existing thread are helpful, as is suggesting utilizing the search option. If the topic is of no interest to a forum member, then it's easy enough to ignore the thread and it will die a slow death.

Thanks everyone. I found the answer to my question here:

To resume: Yes, 80 Celcius IS NORMAL. The RT-AC68-U is designed to support that:

Chip temperatures of up to 120°С are considered regular. After that we decided to measure the temperature inside of the device case. It hasn't got higher than 42°С, which is a pretty regular figure for home wireless routers. Based on our measurements, we can tell that the user concerns on the possible heating up of the device are not reasonable. And though the showings of sensors meant for internal use are not that exact, they still fall within the limits of acceptable temperature range. In other words, one should not worry about the high temperatures.

So, I will not put fans on my router.
Thanks.

uh oh. Ive been quarannteened