What's new

What VPN do you suggest?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't get it to work with IP/routing

@Tech9
I got problems connecting with this, should I edit "Content modification of Keys & Certificate]"?

I also will show you the advanced settings in the PNG file attached

Attachments

• advanced.png
    advanced.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 33
Is your router in double NAT behind another? WAN IP public, private, CG-NAT?

VPN server configuration is few clicks only + export the configuration to the client. You don't need to edit anything, except perhaps the default port 1194.

Anyone who advertises on Amazon for a VPN voucher. Wouldnt trust

What about advertisements in Asuswrt?

1696386016857.png

I have the OpenVPN server running - almost on defaults, I have only changed the VPN access to both LAN and Internet. Exported the configuration file to my Linux Mint 21.2 client.
Installed the client on my Linux succesfully. But I can't connect to the VPN server? What did I do wrong?

The Best VPN I can recommend is to run your own - it's not that hard, and it's not that expensive...

It does require some knowledge on linux and networking, but one can get a free account on Oracle Public Cloud, and then clone Algo's TrailofBits...

Remember - with VPN's - if you don't own/control both ends, it's not private...

I was uninitiated, but I had a vps with openvpn access server set up 5 minutes after getting my server login.
It's easy. Why don't you give it a go? If it doesn't work for you then return the server for your money back. Don't be worried about trying something for free.

From the desk of an elder gent.

Nord is normally about $2/mo when you find some codes for discounts. The codes are always out there. When I renewed though I was a bit peeved due to them dropping the 3 year option.

Waiting soon some good code for nordvpn, 2 usd per month great price