What's new

Whatever happened to the ASUS RT-AX86 Pro release?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

I thought @RMerlin said it was going to be released soon months ago but until now there is no news about it.

I wonder if it's a worthwhile upgrade from my current AX88U

Asked my 4th grade Daughter, and can confirm the math 8+2=10/October
Although, when did release dates start being accurate ;)

What's the rush? It's going to be about the same as currently available AX86U. Nothing much Pro in it. A new Pro price, perhaps.

A couple of months late is nothing.

Feel sorry for the people who wanted to buy an AXE16000 when it was announced end of January.

6 months later…..

A couple of months late is nothing.

Feel sorry for the people who wanted to buy an AXE16000 when it was announced end of January.

6 months later…..
In all fairness, the AXE 16000 was set to release end of quarter one. So by March 2022. Didn’t release until middle of June 2022 with limited availability to this date.

The AXE 11000 Pro was slated to be released end of second quarter and it now has a product page with no price. I haven’t been able to find anything official regarding when it will be actually available.

So if I had to guess based on the above products, the AX86U Pro will be lucky to see the light of day before the end of the year. It hasn’t even been officially announced let alone any official details regarding price, specs etc.

Just my thoughts.

It just hit the FCC:

A general observation...

The 5GHz operating frequencies listed indicate:

o U-NII-1,3 Tx power of ~1000mW
o U-NII-2a,2c Tx power of ~250mW
o no U-NII-4
o potential LTE cellular overlap/interference, presumably for U-NII-3

This suggests less Tx power using 160MHz bw:

o 1000mW Tx power using band 1 or 3 at 80MHz bw
o 250mW Tx power using bands 1,2a or 2c at 160MHz bw

So, if you can use 5.0 160MHz, are you taking a hit on range, particularly wireless backhaul distance? And if you live too near a cell tower, should you avoid using band 3? This would suggest using band 1 ch 36-48 at 80MHz max bw for max power/range/wireless backhaul distance, and no LTE interference(?).

OE

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!