What's new

Where does Save Settings save to?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RBJ32

Occasional Visitor
I saved my settings on my RT-AC68P and it showed the name of the cfg file when it saved it. But it did not say or give me a browse chose where. So I clicked on restore and it gives no clue either. So did search of the entire C drive for the file and found nothing. Anyone know where it saves this file to?

I believe it goes to whatever is set as your browser's default download location.

Well it's not in the download folder as that would be where that should be. But File Locator Pro found nothing on the entire C drive. What a strange thing, usually it gives you a browse clue as to where it might have been saved. But more pertinently it doesn't seemed to have saved at all. I tried asking at the Asus site but it won't even let me register the router, it's not listed in the drop down list. I noticed the old Asus VIP forum was closed so I went to the new replacement ROG forum and it recongized my email but would not accept my password. Nor did it give any lost password option etc. Just basically locked out of there.

What browser are you using? Can you try another browser or another PC?

I answered your registration question in your other post.

Thanks Colin, I was using Firefox, I will try to log in on a different browser and laptop after I eat supper. Thanks for the help.

I saved my settings on my RT-AC68P and it showed the name of the cfg file when it saved it. But it did not say or give me a browse chose where. So I clicked on restore and it gives no clue either. So did search of the entire C drive for the file and found nothing. Anyone know where it saves this file to?

1. Your antivirus or firewall may block it.
2. Go to Browser Setting and check the file save location.
3. Your browser may block some downloads.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cant-download-or-save-files

On my 86U, Win7, Chrome... router 'saving settings' brings up a normal Windows 'save file' dialog.

OE

With Firefox its there where all downloads will end, usually in Download folder if you didnt change it!
But how could it be esasier as with firefox?
You got a download-symbol on top-line "button down", there you can right click on the downloaded cfg-file and select open download (or destination) folder, its so easy ...

Thanks to all replies I solved the location of the Settings save. I should have checked this but yesterday was chaotic and I didn't. My downloads folder had defaulted it's sort order back and it was no longer showing the most recent date modified file at the top. When I checked the Restore Save browse it defaulted to the Desktop so I failed to focus on the downloads folder enough. Sorry to bother you guys and thanks much for the replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!