What's new

Where in the world is Hggomes???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pir8pete: The firmware in question violates FCC regulations. Our policy is to remove any links to it that are posted.

Pir8pete: The firmware in question violates FCC regulations. Our policy is to remove any links to it that are posted.
That would partially explain @hggomes absence, but still does not fully answer the question where in the world he really is.

coming back to the point the latest file i see is 380.65.9_HGG-FINAL. I don't believe he has updated his file set.

There are reasons to stay with HGG for me. What is yours? I use it for TX level params.

I was looking through this topic to see if anyone had tried sending him a personal message and saw this post and wondered if the word “FINAL” in “380.65.9_HGG-FINAL” gives the answer to the original question?

I was looking through this topic to see if anyone had tried sending him a personal message and saw this post and wondered if the word “FINAL” in “380.65.9_HGG-FINAL” gives the answer to the original question?

No, I don't think so. There were a few firmwares from hggomes that were marked the same way previously too.

While I fully understand your policy I would like to point that many users of this forum are not located in USA. So the FCC regulations are not valid for their countries. Personally I don't care about FCC regulations as I don't live in USA and have no intention to use my router under USA jurisdiction.

So is it possible to find a solution to make this forums more beneficial for non-USA users?

While I fully understand your policy I would like to point that many users of this forum are not located in USA. So the FCC regulations are not valid for their countries. Personally I don't care about FCC regulations as I don't live in USA and have no intention to use my router under USA jurisdiction.

So is it possible to find a solution to make this forums more beneficial for non-USA users?

Tim's website is in the US, and his company is also in the US. Local laws apply to him.

Tim's website is in the US, and his company is also in the US. Local laws apply to him.
You got that right Merlin and you DO NOT want to get on the wrong side of the FCC.

and you DO NOT want to get on the wrong side of the FCC.

LOL Why the FCC is useless. All bark and no bite. If they truly gave a shirt then why is there a Xvortex and a HGomes in the first place. Crack down on Asus but allow illegal code to still be pushed right in front of there face. It's all over the place. You dont see Xvortex caring one bit he is breaking the law and nor does the FCC.

LOL Why the FCC is useless. All bark and no bite. If they truly gave a shirt then why is there a Xvortex and a HGomes in the first place. Crack down on Asus but allow illegal code to still be pushed right in front of there face. It's all over the place.
What do you expect FCC to do? They send Sealteam Six? Illegal code is almost impossible to restrict, even legally. They bite alright. At the big fish.

If they truly gave a shirt then why is there a Xvortex and a HGomes in the first place. Crack down on Asus but allow illegal code to still be pushed right in front of there face. It's all over the place. You dont see Xvortex caring one bit he is breaking the law and nor does the FCC.
I think you missed the bit about both of those people not being resident in the US or running US businesses.

That and perhaps the GPL concerns - which have been problematic with the hgg forks.

And GPL has a much wider scope than FCC.

Personally I don't care about FCC regulations as I don't live in USA and have no intention to use my router under USA jurisdiction.

But GPL is likely enforceable in your local area... and that's the bigger issue.

Which part of his firmware violates FCC? In that case, dosen't dd-wrt violate the same rules? the increase in the TX values is the only thing that may come close to the violation. Without those increase, it's immensely difficult to use the router in countries where the walls are made of concrete.

I am closing this thread. Please take your discussion of modifying Wi-Fi devices to bypass regulations somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.