What's new

Which asus to buy next?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diveblaster

Regular Contributor
Hi
My ASUS GT-AC5300 is giving up and I have to replace it.
I've been looking at GT-AX11000 PRO, GT-AXE11000 and GT-AXE16000
I find GT-AXE16000 a bit pricy for us atm so I would like to here from people that has GT-AX11000 PRO, GT-AXE11000. Whats the difference? I know that AXE has 6E wifi but are they similar or?!
Regards
Dive

I'd recommend either the GT-AX6000 or its non-ROG sibling the RT-AX88U Pro to tide you over until WiFi7 matures. Whichever is cheaper at the moment.

Thx

The GT-AX6000 here is absolutely solid, just so long as you can hide it so it doesn't get mistaken for a scutter from Red Dwarf - it is big and it is very definitely ugly!

I'm "hidden"ly running a rock-solid GT-AX6000. The only reason it's hidden as much as it is being it's the best place for it to operate. I feel only the antennas are what's ugly. Neither it nor it's cousin (which appears to actually command a bit more shelf space) are as huge and ugly as any of the models mentioned in the first post.

I'd wait for second wave 7 before spending bigger bucks for bigger and/or uglier.