What's new

which netgear extender works best with RAX200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wase in az

Occasional Visitor
Is it best to stick with a tri band extender, while using a tri band ax router like this one, or does it matter?
The dual band extenders seems to get better reviews than the couple of ax tri bands that netgear has..

thank you

Hi
I'm using the Netgear EAX80 with my RAX200 and it works a treat.
Cheers

The EAX80 is wifi 6 whilst the EX7700 is wifi 5 only. Since the RAX200 is a wifi 6 router, it made more sense to pair this up with a wifi 6 extender. Like i said , its works superbly :)

isnt an eax 80 dual band, versus the ex 7700 being tri band? isnt it better to pair a tri band router with a tri band extender?
I know the 7700 is only wifi 5, thats where I have been confused..

thanks!

Is it best to stick with a tri band extender, while using a tri band ax router like this one, or does it matter?
The dual band extenders seems to get better reviews than the couple of ax tri bands that netgear has..

thank you
I use the EAX-20 with the RAX-200 and it does a fine job in my environment. The EX7700 also worked well, though the EAX20 seems to provide better coverage in terms of distance and speed in my environment. YMMV. Disclaimer: I received all of these devices as free beta testing units. That being said, my opinion is not affected by this.

I went with the eax80/rax200 combo, and stability/speeds and range are awesum so far..
thanks for everyones suggestions