What's new

Which one is not functionning properly ECB2500C ou WCB3000N ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MChevrier

New Around Here
Hi,

I bought approx 2 years ago an Actiontec WCB3000N Wireless Network Extender with MoCA and Gigabit Ethernet - Wi-Fi range extender - 802.11b/g/n - Dual Band - with Actiontec ECB2500C MoCA Network (WCB3000NK01). They have been working fine for 2 years

Suddenly the wifi (2g and 5g) is not avilable in the room upstairs and the COAX light on both devices is off. The wifi is of course brought over there by COAX cable. I made a continuity check with a Sperry Cable tester and all the COAX wires and junction connectors are functionnal. All the testing I did is pointing to the Actiontec devices.

After the continuity test, in order to eliminate the house cabling, I brought the ECB downstairs close to the WCB, connected both with a short COAX cable, still both COAX light are off and no wifi connectivity.

My question

How can I determine which device is not functionning properly, the WCB or the ECB. To replace the faulty device, I need to know which one is not COAX capable anymore.

Thanks,

Michel.

Last edited:
The WCB has Ethernet ports, so you should be able to connect a laptop or PC to the WCB to test its coax/MoCA connection separate from the Wi-Fi access issue.

I tested the WCB/ECB kit for RJ45 connection and the kit is functionning.
If this statement is saying that you *did* test the connection via the WCB’s network ports and that it worked, then the issue would seem to be internal to the WCB and its Wi-Fi setup.

The WCB has Ethernet ports, so you should be able to connect a laptop or PC to the WCB to test its coax/MoCA connection separate from the Wi-Fi access issue.

If this statement is saying that you *did* test the connection via the WCB’s network ports and that it worked, then the issue would seem to be internal to the WCB and its Wi-Fi setup.
But on both devices the COAX light is off, that is why I am concerned with the COAX capabilities of the ECB/WCB team. I modified the original posting to add information that might shed sone light on the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!