What's new

Which one to use ...As main.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oldman60

New Around Here
NEWBIE ALERT ...NEWBIE ALERT..

Gentlemen, been reading your site now for a few days and love all the info
that is shared amongst each individuals..Nice Family indeed and that is why
I have joined the group.

I have just purchase 2 routers but need to eliminate one and return it .
Asus rtn56U and Asus rtn66U .
My goal is to get rid off the Bell Aliant router ( Actiontec r1000H ) and install my router instead.The Actiontec doesn't give me enough signal for my upstairs in my house , and reception levels are weak

Which router mentioned above would give me a stronger signal and would be a good replacement for the Bell router.

Thank You for your time , its greatly appreciated.
Regards
Oscar CD1

I haven't tried the n56 but the range on my rt-n66u is great. The best of all the dual band routers I've tried. That includes a linksys e4200, e3200 and e3000, a netgear wndr3700, wndr3800 and wndr4000. Also better than the tplink wdr4300. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Last edited:
The RT-N66U (and RT-AC66U) are among the best routers currently available in terms of range. I would recommend the RT-N66U rather than the RT-N56:

1) Better range and performance
2) Better hardware specifications
3) Asus has announced AiCloud for the RT-N16/N66/AC66U only so far
4) Better third party firmware support (from myself, two different Tomato variants, and DD-WRT)

And if that modem/router you currently have is as bad as what Bell gives us here in Quebec, the RT-N66U will easily blow it away in terms of range AND reliability.

+1 for 66U. Reliability, features and wireless quality.

I currently use both - 66U behind the Modem, 56U behind the 66U.

NEWBIE ALERT ...NEWBIE ALERT..

Gentlemen, been reading your site now for a few days and love all the info
that is shared amongst each individuals..Nice Family indeed and that is why
I have joined the group.

I have just purchase 2 routers but need to eliminate one and return it .
Asus rtn56U and Asus rtn66U .
My goal is to get rid off the Bell Aliant router ( Actiontec r1000H ) and install my router instead.The Actiontec doesn't give me enough signal for my upstairs in my house , and reception levels are weak

Which router mentioned above would give me a stronger signal and would be a good replacement for the Bell router.

Thank You for your time , its greatly appreciated.
Regards
Oscar CD1
The N66U is the router to keep. I can't imagine why you would want to keep the N56U. The advantage of having AiCloud alone make it the better choice. The fact that it's a better router make it a no-brainer. Return the N56U and never look back.

Which firmware is better? The custom firmware I'm using with mt RT-N56U is excellent. Which is the reason I purchased a second one to use as an AP to replace the EA-N66 I returned.

Plus the RT-N56U is $70 less than the RT-N66U.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!