What's new

Which Simultaneous Dual Band, Ext. USB Modem Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevevalo

New Around Here
I need advice on a simultaneous Dual Band Router.

For use with TalkTalk (BT Line) So as I understand it needs to have a ADSL modem.

Plus External USB storage.

I have looked at a few, but either don't have dual radios or no ADSL.

The only one suggested (thanks t72bogie) is the Netgear DGND3300.

This has simultaneous and ADSL modem and ext. USB, it does not get a good writeup on SNB.

Is there any others that would fit my requirements?

Very limited choices with integrated ADSL modems. I suggest you use a separate modem for wider choices.

Very limited choices with integrated ADSL modems. I suggest you use a separate modem for wider choices.

I thought someone might suggest this, why are there so few integrated ADSL.
Are they required just for the UK market?

What would be the best router for me without the integrated ADSL, would it be the wrt610n?

I thought someone might suggest this, why are there so few integrated ADSL.
Are they required just for the UK market?
Probably because integrating the modem makes the product less generally usable.

What would be the best router for me without the integrated ADSL, would it be the wrt610n?
Either the NETGEAR WNDR3700 or Cisco Linksys E3000 (or WRT610N if you can still get it).

Whats the advantage of the WNDR3700 over the DGND3300.
The WNDR3700 has gigbit ports?
DGND3300 has a built-in ADSL modem and different radio.

I haven't tested the DGND3300, so don't know if there is a significant performance difference between it and the WNDR3700.

why not a 2.4GHz wireless router plus a 5.8GHz access point? Two boxes, but at probably avoids the price jack-up of a dual band simultaneous WiFi router.